Pillsbury frozen biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swstark

Assistant Cook
I have a 240 V wall mount convection Advantium question using Speed Cook: My biscuits do not rise very much and are also very tough not light and airy. I use the pre program setting which is 10 minutes.
Any idea what adjustments need to be made to cooking time or settings?
I use to have 110 V version and they would come out great with the pre-programmed setting.

Why speed cook?
Pillsbury frozen biscuits bake in 20 minutes in a regular oven.
The voltage has no effect on cooking time, heat or wattage. A 1500 watt appliance pulls 1500 watts no matter the voltage for example.

The wattage is what one looks at when determining the capabilities of any appliance including your oven that I have never heard of.
Do you have the instruction manual that came with it? In there you will find answers to how your oven works and basic recipes.

Oh! Pillsbury frozen biscuits are better than any homemade biscuits I have ever eaten!

Last edited:
Using convection settings will speed cooking, but mostly it accelerates browning. Some models compensate for this by lowering temperature, others don't.

As with any new oven, it is best to use an oven thermometer to calibrate settings (if provided), or create an offset table.

I know that with breads, cakes, pizza, etc. convection settings were mostly an experiment to arrive at proper cooking times, whereas proteins and veggies were much less critical.

The GE Advantium Microwave Convection Oven has a speed cook feature. The 220 volt cooks faster than the 110 volt version. The Advantium cooks with a combination microwave, convection, and Halogen lights. So the voltage makes a big difference in how fast it will cook on the Speed Cook feature. Thanks for the response though! It also has pre-set settings for a lot of items one one those is frozen biscuits if you have six it is supposed to bake in about 10 minutes. Compared to warming your regular oven up to 375° then baking the biscuits for 22 to 28 minutes. So as you can see it takes about a third of the time hence "speed cook".

Why speed cook?
Pillsbury frozen biscuits bake in 20 minutes in a regular oven.
The voltage has no effect on cooking time, heat or wattage. A 1500 watt appliance pulls 1500 watts no matter the voltage for example.

The wattage is what one looks at when determining the capabilities of any appliance including your oven that I have never heard of.
Do you have the instruction manual that came with it? In there you will find answers to how your oven works and basic recipes.

Oh! Pillsbury frozen biscuits are better than any homemade biscuits I have ever eaten!

Wattage is a function of voltage and current. Where I=current, and E=voltage, P = power, formula is E X V=P usually measured in watts. Where voltage is constant, the load, usually a combination of reactive, and restrictive components determines the current draw, and in turn the wattage of a given application. So for a 1500 W appliance, with a 120 V constant voltage source (wall socket) The current draw would be I= P/E, or 1500/120= 12.5 Amperes, or amps. Most house wiring is designed for upto a 15 ampere current draw, and so will safely handleup to 120v x 15 a = 1800 W.

Wattage is a measure of power. With your convection oven,some of the power is converted to heat, some lighting the light bulb, and some driving the fan.

The higher the rated power (WATS) the greater the amount of electrical energy that can be converted to heat. So, for some of you, I hope you enjoyed a most basic electrical lesson.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks chief I am well aware electrical theory. What I am looking for is the proper settings to cook Pillsbury Frozen biscuits in my 220 v GE Advantium Microwave oven.
Question does your microwave oven have a toast feature?
The 110v Advantium does not make toast but the 220v does. I use to have the 110 version in another house that I updated the kitchen. I remodeled this kitchen one year ago tomorrow "Mothers Day 2019". So I have had or used both appliances. All I know is this one the 220 model cooks faster and has more options as far as pre- programed "recipes ".
I googled Advantium Forums this group matched that search. Which is why I asked the question. I appreciate the thought though thanks again for your help?

We have an electric kettle that runs on 220 V. We like it because it heats much faster than kettles that run on 110/120 V.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom