What is your favourite ingredient to put in muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I made some chocolate and coconut ones at the weekend.
They were delicious.
So inspire me by telling me your favourites so I can try them. :)

Mel

My Blueberry Oatmeal muffins are my favorite right now. I replace the oil with applesauce, making them super moist but much lower in fat/calories!

Cranberry orange. Or lemon poppyseed.
Redkitty I always wanted to try that method, it really works well huh?

Works great, I never use any oils for baking muffins. I keep a big jar of unsweetened applesauce just for muffins!

Cool! It looks like I'll be posting muffins in the "what are you baking today?" thread!
I've only got sweetened w/ cinnamon do you need to cut the sugar then?

Hummmm...not sure about the sugar. Give it a go with the same amount of sugar and see what you think!

(now I'm craving muffins!)

Thanks for those great ideas. I got a muffin tray a couple of weeks ago so muffins are now being regularly baked in this house. :chef:

Mel

Thanks for those great ideas. I got a muffin tray a couple of weeks ago so muffins are now being regularly baked in this house. :chef:

Mel

Blueberry is my fave. If your feeling adventurous, ice cream muffins (a pint of melted ice cream & self-rising flour), might be fun - rocky road, egg nog, cherry vanilla, chubby hubby?

ice-cream-muffins.html

My computer has a hiccup today. Wanted to mention, i(not a "muffin" muffin recipe), but if you'd like to give your new muffin tin a workout, - there's a crab muffin recipe I can't wait to give a go. Let me know if your interested. Re the ice cream muffins, the possibilities are probably endless (re flavors). One of the recipes, as I recall, was for peach ice cream muffins - where an egg was added to the mix. Try a google, or I would be happy to share it with you.:)

now no laughing. i really do love a nice moist bran muffin .

babe :LOL::LOL::rolleyes:

In my world, a bran muffin must have raisins. There's a recipe in Joy of Cooking for a bran muffin made with orange juice and molasses that I want to try.

My favourite muffin depends on the day. I like to make cranberry-wild blueberry in the winter. :)

Thanks for more cool ideas. :)

The crab muffins are out because I am a vegetarian. Well, they are out most of the time anyway until my boyfriend or daughter specifically ask for them. :)

But I love those icecream ideas. We dont have a freezer so the icecream muffins will be such a good way to use all the icecream we cant eat when it is not cold enough outside to keep it frozen. I never thought about using icecream like that before. :)

Mel

Back
Top Bottom