Fry bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raspberrymocha55

Senior Cook
I've been fascinated with making fry bread. I've made it once and loved it but lost my recipe. It had rosemary and garlic in it. I'd love a few good basic recipes to experiment with. I have a nice heavy well seasoned black skillet to fry it in. Does it fry best with or without a whole in the middle? Been looking through recipes, you all seem to be a better source of info! Help!

I've been fascinated with making fry bread. I've made it once and loved it but lost my recipe. It had rosemary and garlic in it. I'd love a few good basic recipes to experiment with. I have a nice heavy well seasoned black skillet to fry it in. Does it fry best with or without a whole in the middle? Been looking through recipes, you all seem to be a better source of info! Help!

I will post my nephew's Fry bread recipe. It's basic, but you can add fillings or seasonings. He maintains that stuffed fry bread is delicious. I have only had it plain at Pow Wows when I was a kid. My nephew is 1/2 native so this should be fairly authentic ( though its really just a basic dough) he is also a Chef ;)

I look forward to it! I've tried making the Canadian version called Bannock (?). I've never eaten fry bread other than what I've experimented with. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom