ISO: Russian Kabachal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakersDozen

Senior Cook
Hi...I'm trying to find a Russian (I think) recipe...its for a type of cracker, that is made using the browned bits from roasting meat. I've heard the recipe could be in an old Phoenix Sun cookbook. Its a small spiral bound cookbook, with an orange cover and I see that Ebay has a copy, but I don't want the book, just the recipe, if possible. Or if anyone knows of this recipe and would post it, I'd be ever so grateful.

Thank you for any help.:ermm:

cracker made out of meat? I am russian, well, for all practical purposes, but I have no clue what you are talking about. More details please and maybe I can dig something up.

I googled the topic and was amused that this topic came up #1 on the results. The forum admins should be proud of their SEO results. In only 9 hours! (I know a bit about SEO. That's a pretty impressive performance.)

I love the idea of savory breads. I'd be seriously interested in this recipe except that I came up with no meaningful results based on the word "kabachal." Perhaps there is another word or better spelling...

Thank you for your responses. I am not certain about the spelling, or the ethnic background, it may be another such as Hungarian, Croation, etc. The lady that asked me for help in locating it if possible, knew only that her mother/grandmother used to make it and as far as any other ingredients, she wasn't sure. Her Mother said it was like a cracker when finished, and used the browned bits in the pan left from roasting meat (no idea what kind of meat either). Its a real challenge and I think interesting, so hoping I can find it or something similar. Its quite possible that it could be something her Mother or Grandmother invented, I don't know. Thank you for any help...appreciate your comments.

Back
Top Bottom