Cheese-stuffed Focaccia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zereh

Head Chef
Seeing the fantastic looking pictures of JoeV's focaccia reminded me that I had this yummy, though very fattening recipe that I've made a couple times. It doesn't get much easier than this:

Cheese-stuffed Focaccia from Recco

* 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* water
* 1 pound Stracchino or Taleggio cheese, cubed

Make the dough: Place the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a food processor. With the motor running, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and enough room-temperature water to create a soft dough that forms a ball around the blade; process 45 seconds. Turn out into a lightly oiled bowl, shape into a ball, cover, and let rest 30 minutes or longer. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 550° with a baking stone in it. Generously oil a 14" pizza pan with low sides.

Roll out half of the dough into a transparent circle about 16" in diameter; line the pan with it. Top with the cheese. Roll out the second piece of dough in the same way; top the focaccia with it. Trim excess dough with the aid of your rolling pin, tear four small holes in the top to allow air to escape, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with the remaining sea salt. Bake on the stone 8 minutes, or until lightly golden but not crisp. Serve hot, cut into wedges.

:heart:
Z

Now THAT sound tasty. I imagine you can take some liberties as to what you put between the layers. Kind of like a flat calzone. Back to the oven....

Back
Top Bottom