New York Style pizza crust recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margi Cintrano said:
Good afternoon, Barry,

As stated here is the Pizza dough recipe requested ...

PIZZA DOUGH

1 1/3 cup warm water 115 farenheit degrees

1 package active yeast

3 cups all purpose Or Zero Zero Flour ( this flour is used by: Chef Mario Batali - NYC ); plus extra flour for kneading

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. Evoo

DOUGH BY HAND ( I prefer to make my dough via hand )

1. in a large bowl, combine the water and the yeast
and then whisk until the yeast dissolves

2. in another bowl, combine flour and salt

3. gradually, add yeast to mixture and stirring with wooden spoon, until dough is a soft form

4. turn dough out on lightly floured surface and with lightly floured hands,
knead until smooth and elastic, 10 minutes.

LET THE DOUGH RISE IN WARM CORNER WITHOUT DRAFTS

1. lightly oil a large bowl

2. add dough and turning several times, to oil top

3. cover with plastic and wrap and let rise in a warm corner without drafts is quintessential

4. *** One and 1/2 hours the pizza shall double in bulk

5. punch down the dough

*** This amount makes 2 pizzas or 4 calzones

Kindest.
Margi Cintrano.

This dough recipe produced a great crust. Thin and crunchy wqon the bottom and nice big golden crusty pillows around the edges, that are perfect for dipping in just about anything.

B

This dough recipe produced a great crust. Thin and crunchy wqon the bottom and nice big golden crusty pillows around the edges, that are perfect for dipping in just about anything.

B

So, Barry, what kind of flour did you end up using and what other special things you had to do to accomadate oven, climate, type of flour, etc.?

So, Barry, what kind of flour did you end up using and what other special things you had to do to accommodate oven, climate, type of flour, etc.?

I ended up using King Arthur Bread Flour, Olive Oil, salt, yeast and water. I cooked on a sheet pan over a stone with my gas oven set at 525F the recipe produced multiple pizzas worth of crust. The ones we ate the first night were very good but the rest was used 3 nights later and it was everything I was looking for and more!! perfect puffy edges and crisp bottom, able to be pulled very thin if desired.

Actually I set my oven to 450 to preheat the stone and when I put the pie in I turn the heat up to 525F blast the heat back up as fast as possible. Not sure if my heat philosophy really does anything but I like it

I'm sorry I meant to ask if you used oil to add to the dough or did you use just like in the recipe for coating the bowl? Thank you.

Buonasera, Good Afternoon,

We have found that this recipe works and creates marvels ...

Barry, chef clients of mine and myself, all have raved about it.

Have a lovely August.
Margaux.

Finally after all this years I made pizza from scratch last night. Teh recipe was very much like your s, Margi, but it came from a local news paper and was called Pizza on the grill. Well I do not have grill I could use so after making the dough I did it right on the rack of the oven. I rolled dough pretty thin as per instruction and also unlike my women I like my Pizza very thin, it was chooey and crispy at the same tiem, don't ask my how, but it was. The reason I liked the recipe that it takes only an hour or so, basicaly time for rising, I am not good at planing ahead and if i were to make dough and had to refrigerate i wouldnever get around to make it.
Here are couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0328[1].jpg
    IMG_0328[1].jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0329[1].jpg
    IMG_0329[1].jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 498
Back
Top Bottom