Pizza Dough Stretching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you stretch your pizza dough?

• Rolling pin

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Toss/Spin

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
I start with a ball of dough, flatten it with my hands and press it into a larger flatter circle with my fingers. Then I pick it up and grip an edge. I move around the edge with my hands allowing the weight of the dough to stretch the circle. That, in combination with using my fists to stretch the dough gets me to a 12"-14" circle of thin dough.

I don't toss pizza dough because I'm responsible for cleanup.
Same here. The one time I attempted tossing, the dough ended up on the floor. :ohmy:

Same here. The one time I attempted tossing, the dough ended up on the floor. :ohmy:

The important part is to remember to catch it. :)

I learned to toss dough while working at a pizza place many ages ago. It really isn't hard, just takes a bit of practice.

I had a coworker I would work with regularly. I would start a skin then toss it high in the air spinning over and behind me. She would catch it and start with the laying it out while I started the next one. Or we would toss them and catch em on our thumbs while they spun. Yeah, we were showoffs, but there was just us inside so we weren't showing off for others, just having fun.

Back
Top Bottom