Pizza roller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I was watching FN the other day. The Pizza battle, Bobby Flay with that other guy. And they were using some kind of roller to put holes in the pizza dough. Do you know where I can buy one. I've been using fork, but that tool looks way cool. Help me out, please. Oh, yeah, what is it called any way?

it's called a 'docker' and you can get it at any cooking supply store that has pizza making equipment. If you have a ChefCentral or other good kitchen needs store they'll have it. If not, just do a google search and I'm sure one will pop up that you can order online.

They come in plastic and metal.

I just did a google search with the words 'pizza docker'. I checked the first site that was listed. It shows all types from approx. $27.00 up.

They are pretty cool to have, but, it's just one more thing to have in a drawer, taking up space. A fork really does work just as well.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. It helps when you know what you are looking for. I had no idea about the name of that toy.

I love my dough docker. I've had it for quite a few years and purchased it from The Baker's Catalogue at King Arthur Flour. I just checked their website and didn't find it. I called their 800 number and was told that it was a bit of a seasonal item and that they expected it to be back in their catalogue some time in October. It's plastic and I think I paid less than $15 for it. It's great and I use it all the time. I hope you're successful in getting one for yourself.

Katie:)

Interesting. I never dock my pizza dough and it's not a problem. Is it just for thick crust pan pizzas?

:) You can also use a regular fork just turn it upside down and just and slap dough holding the end of fork the end you hold normally.Save some money on a gadget you rarely use on dough and you will get the holes in your dough.Maybe some one else here can explain this technique a little better.
In fact I did this today for my pizza dough.

Back
Top Bottom