Pizza Shells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I love to have the premade pizza shells or Crust on hand for when grandkids come over.
They like to create their own pizza. I would like to know how to make the premade pizza shell. So I make them small indiviual sizes,
Do you use regular pizza dough and cook it?
thanks

Last edited:
Have you ever par baked your pizza crust? I would think it would be the same thing. Just parbake and then it would be ready to be frozen. I have never did this but i assume it would work just fine. Another option would be to freeze the pizza dough in its raw state. The day before you want pizzas put it in the fridge. 2 hours before you want to start leave it out and then you and the kids can have fun rolling the pizza dough out. I would think it would be a lot of fun ncage.

I've been wanting to pick up premade pizza dough, just to have on hand. I can't believe the 3 grocery stores I've gone to, don't have it. LoL

All our grocery stores here in Central Ny have the ready made pizza dough you can purchase.
I have done that with the kids - they don't enjoy that as much as having the crust right there ready to top it with assorted items and then it doesn't take as long to till the can eat their creations.
The ready made pizza crust are available all the time, but not the smaller size.

Here's an idea for you - this is my pizza dough and I divide it in 4 or 6 balls, flatten to discs and freeze. When you know the grandkids are coming, just grb however many pizza balls you need... ;)

* Exported from MasterCook *
PIZZA DOUGH

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 c. +3 T. water
2 tsps olive oil
2 3/4 c. (13.5 oz) bread flour
1/4 c. (1.1 oz.) whole wheat flour
1 tsp each: garlic & onion powders
1/4 c. (.7 oz.) dry milk powder
2 tsps sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
2 tsps Active dry yeast

Fill bread machine in the order that your model recommends.
Set machine to 'dough'; take out at end of process & spread on a Pam-sprayed pizza pan which has been sprinkle w/corn meal.
For individual pizzas - divide dough into 1/4s.

Either freeze, refrigerate till needed, or top immediately w/toppings of your choice.

Oven: Bake at 450° for ~15 min., or till crust is golden.
BBQ: MOM - grill for 4 min.; remove from grill and turn grill side up.
Top w/toppings; place back on grill for ~6 min. more.

NOTES : Don't load the pizza up w/too much - less is better on a pizza - but, lots of cheese.
------

I usually make my dough in my bread machine (seems that's all I ever use it for now), but you can make it by hand, mixer or processor.

Back
Top Bottom