The best pizza in the world: THE MARGHERITA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we are getting down to brass tacks about the original, it was done in one. Wood was the source of cooking fuel back then, I believe.
The world moves on. How many people have a wood fired stove these days unless you have one of those fancy outdoor clay pizza ovens?

Learn to adapt.

Last edited:
MC, it isn't so much in the world moving on (trust me, most of us don't have our own stone ovens ;) ) but rather adhering to the authentic specifications of that particular style of pizza. Just as Italy limits the name "Parmigiana Reggiano" to cheeses crafted in a small, specific region, the authentic "Neapolitan Pizza" must be made with specific ingredients in a particular oven. Any adaptation of those regulations can still result in a delicious pizza, but it can no longer be called Neapolitan.

Brewers YEAST. Probably not widely available in USA. In the 19th C, before the advent of dried yeast, it was common to go to the brewery to buy yeast liquid for bread making. At least it was in Britain.

The OP probably means this or brewer's yeast in translation means just yeats
We get brewer's yeast on this side of the pond. However, it's dry and it won't raise anything. It's used as a nutritional supplement. Easy to find in almost any health food store.

The world moves on. How many people have a wood fired stove these days unless you have one of those fancy outdoor clay pizza ovens?

Learn to adapt.

Adapt I have. I can get the same results as a wood fired oven in the Egg. Outdoor wood fired ovens are generally made with fire brick and refractory cement, no clay involved. Besides, we were discussing the original pizza, which was made in a wood fired oven. I don't recall comparing what was then the cooking method to what is the norm for modern day ovens.:rolleyes:

Ummm...I have a friend with a wood-fired pizza oven. I have cooked on the wood stove, but, quite honestly, neither pasta nor pizza are my go-to meals. When did I last have pizza....February (I didn't make it, the DH made it for my birthday, the three slices that were in the freezer I fed to the chickens last week). Pasta....July...pasta salad for the DH's b'day BBQ.

I like a portion of protein and lots and lots of veggies (3-5 veggies is my idea of a balanced plate), and a whole grain side--but can skip that every now and again. Skip the carbs, skip the bread, skip the cheese, skip the sauce.

hello . In Italia the basil is used only on the pizza and it is optional. this isn't true ingredient of recipe . so who wants to use it as a decoration can do it.
then sorry I want write brewer's yeast. then I mean a soup spoon.

everything has its time. later I will send you also the true process. no desperate and when you try this tell me..... . bye

I wonder if the cake of yeast would be the same as brewers yeast? It does have moisture in it as to the dried yeast in the packet.

We bought a loaf of the artisan bread that we like so much. It had a slight sour taste to it. I think they need to consider a new starter. :angel:

Adapt I have. I can get the same results as a wood fired oven in the Egg. Outdoor wood fired ovens are generally made with fire brick and refractory cement, no clay involved. Besides, we were discussing the original pizza, which was made in a wood fired oven. I don't recall comparing what was then the cooking method to what is the norm for modern day ovens.:rolleyes:
Oh dear, how stupid I am. Remind me again - what are bricks, including fire bricks, made of?
(Sarcasm off)

is it just yeast . I refer to the yeast that in Italia we buy in the supermarket in the form of a cube. I not refer to the yeast powder .

search

this is the yeast ... :)

hi, as I promised send the process for do the perfect pizza.
arrange the flour on a pastry board and formed a hollow in the center. Take a glass bowl, pour in the water, salt and yeast. Stir well to melt the whole thing and pour it in the center of the flour. started to stir and mix everything in order to get a ball.
then form a ball and place in a large floured bowl, cover with a cloth and let it rise in the refrigerator for 24 hours at no more than 4 °. To form the disc, take a ball and place them on a flat floured, started to crush it with your fingers always starting from the center and going out, do not pull it by the edges. Turn it over on itself.

Best Pizza

After numerous attempts at making pizza dough in my bread machine, I found the best pizza dough for us. It is sold in Von's deli section, and I ask for it frozen, so I know it has not been sitting too long.
We have a pizza stone in our oven, and Kayelle uses our pizza peel to put it on the stone. We vary the toppings, but use mainly mozerella and Trader Joe's Quattro Fromaggio as the cheeses.
It comes out great every time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom