What's Your Favorite Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love everything from an olive oil and salt Pizza Bianca to a good Neapolitan to a good New york style to a Chicago Deep Dish. Although I've been enjoying the simpler ones lately

zizzi's rustica here in the uk......such a thin crust and so good....they know after 6 weeks to just start chopping onions and jalapenos when I come thru the door.....that dumb Texas gal with the accent (I really don't have a Texas twang but I do sound foreign to them so there you go) really likes her pizzas sizzlin....yes, it's easy to charm the people here as in most places and they give me the most wonderful pizzas on a wooden board

I like a thin crust pizza with good tomato sauce and then you can go for it with toppings. Good parmesan or romano is a must, but after that I'll go for anything or nothing.

Oh, dear, I had to correct myself. No fish or fruit.

When I was a little girl (early 60s), pizza wasn't really a meal, but a late night snack. Mom & Dad would make Chef Boy-ar-di pizzas and they'd put on slices of hot dogs and strips of American cheese. This was such a treat!

Neopolitan style pizza is by far my favorite. Light crispy crust with a balanced amount of ingredients.

One of the most interesting I have had was topped with prosciutto, goat cheese, fresh figs, sprinkled with fresh rosemary and a drizzle of very high quality balsamic vinegar.

This place is near my home:

http://www.tuttabellapizza.com/

They have been certified by the Naples Pizza Mafia (Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana). Only a handful of places in the US have this.

I just looked at your link, Tutta Bella is on the list.

Pizza

Typically, I do not care for pizza. The crust is often too "bready" for me or the sauce is overbearing. That being said, I do like the THIN and CRISPY pizza at Pizza Hut with their supreme toppings.

A long time ago, Pizza Hut tried a "Mexican Pizza", which I totally loved. I so wish I could find somewhere that made it now days.

~Kathleen

Neopolitan style pizza is by far my favorite. Light crispy crust with a balanced amount of ingredients.

One of the most interesting I have had was topped with prosciutto, goat cheese, fresh figs, sprinkled with fresh rosemary and a drizzle of very high quality balsamic vinegar.

This place is near my home:

Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria

They have been certified by the Naples Pizza Mafia (Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana). Only a handful of places in the US have this.

I just looked at your link, Tutta Bella is on the list.

Your right the article does mention Tutta Bella! I didn't realize there was a Naples Pizza Mafia - I wonder how I could find out if 2 Amys which is closest to me is certified. Very interesting thank you for the insight!

My own that I've made from scratch. IMHO the crust makes or breaks the pizza. :chef:

For me it is all about the crust (first), sauce (second) and the cheese, so it is not as much about the toppings as those 3 in combination. If I am visting my family ithas to be pizza from one of the local pizzerias, Bottisti's. Here at home if I don't make my own, the closest comes from a place called Mom & Pops (we are actually having that tonight for dinner).

Typically, I do not care for pizza. The crust is often too "bready" for me or the sauce is overbearing. That being said, I do like the THIN and CRISPY pizza at Pizza Hut with their supreme toppings.

A long time ago, Pizza Hut tried a "Mexican Pizza", which I totally loved. I so wish I could find somewhere that made it now days.

~Kathleen

I think you've never had a good pizza if it was too bready or the sauce was overbearing.
The adds for Kraft cheese that says "no one drools over the crust" is so wrong

My own that I've made from scratch. IMHO the crust makes or breaks the pizza. :chef:

Concur on the crust.

I don't think you can get the Neopolitan mojo going in a conventional home oven, though. Just not hot enough.

However, if you are one of the fortunates that have a large brick oven......:chef:

just ordered a ex large papa john"s pizza. special on it with four toppings, i chose extra cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, anchovies. got a couple beers in fridge. whoopee a wild Friday night. Lol

I think you've never had a good pizza if it was too bready or the sauce was overbearing.
The adds for Kraft cheese that says "no one drools over the crust" is so wrong

I have a lot of friends in a lot of cities and several countries that would argue that. I am simply not someone who likes much sauce or bread on pizza....which boils down to I don't care much for pizza. Give me a bowl of perfectly grilled veggies and some fresh-baked, herbed bread with a drop of quality olive oil and cracked pepper over pizza any day. Or Pizza Hut's cracker bread with some toppings and save on time. I don't drool over cheese either...especially not Kraft's. :)

~Kathleen

I have a lot of friends in a lot of cities and several countries that would argue that. I am simply not someone who likes much sauce or bread on pizza....which boils down to I don't care much for pizza. Give me a bowl of perfectly grilled veggies and some fresh-baked, herbed bread with a drop of quality olive oil and cracked pepper over pizza any day. Or Pizza Hut's cracker bread with some toppings and save on time. I don't drool over cheese either...especially not Kraft's. :)

~Kathleen
I can see you and I would have fun together. I don't care for the typical pizza. I like a super thin crust, no sauce, super sweet fresh tomatoes, shredded basil , evoo drizzled on top and a smidge of whole milk mozz on top, I even like to sprinkle with a little kosher salt. I have people look at me as if I'm crazy, when I order, but I don't care for all the junk, meat and cheese...
kades

I just read this:

Domenico Crolla’s “Pizza Royale 007″ sold for $4,200 in 2006. It was a "12 inch pizza densely packed with an assortment of some of the world’s most expensive food ingredients, such as lobster marinated in cognac, caviar soaked in champagne, sunblush tomato sauce, Scottish smoked salmon, venison medallions, prosciutto, and vintage balsamic vinegar. In addition to all these fine ingredients, it’s topped with a significant amount of edible 24-carat gold flakes."

...you couldn't pay me $4k to eat gold...well, wait...yeah ya could :)

Back
Top Bottom