What's Your Favorite Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
I am doing some work with Lexus Magazine and this month they have an article on the Neapolitian pizza which just happens to be my favorite. The pictures have me salivating and craving a pizza. They also list the top locations to get Neapolitian pizza and I am in luck because there is one in my city! What is your favorite pizza and if it isn't Neapolitian pizza I have one question - have you tried it yet?

there's some local places that i love- usually i get ricotta & olives.

I love Bethzaring's crust as well. My favourite topping without a doubt is double mushroom double cheese ( as much of both as you can pile on). I prefer vegetarian pizzas of any type, but if it has meat on it I'll take salami

Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Onions and Black Olives with extra Cheese. I also really like a Margharita, the simpler the better. Of course, Taco Pizza has a place...oh forget it. I just like pizza.

like anything except pineapple.

Love sausage and peppers, calamata olives and feta, onion and anchovie, you name it. Shrimp on a margarita is awesome! Like thin crispy crust best and a spicy rich tomato sauce.

John's in NYC is fantastic, as are Grotto's Louie's and Nicola's in Rehoboth Beach DE!

like anything except pineapple.

Love sausage and peppers, calamata olives and feta, onion and anchovies, you name it. Shrimp on a margarita is awesome! Like thin crispy crust best and a spicy rich tomato sauce.

John's in NYC is fantastic, as are Grotto's Louie's and Nicola's in Rehoboth Beach DE!

i don't think pineapple and pizza should be in same sentence. all the rest (including the anchovies,the more the better.

I am doing some work with Lexus Magazine and this month they have an article on the Neapolitian pizza which just happens to be my favorite. The pictures have me salivating and craving a pizza. They also list the top locations to get Neapolitian pizza and I am in luck because there is one in my city! What is your favorite pizza and if it isn't Neapolitian pizza I have one question - have you tried it yet?

Have you been to Matchbox? REALLY good pizza!!

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to pizza. I like thin crust. Whether you call it Neapolitan or New York style is up to you. You can use sliced romas or a tomato sauce. Fresh mozzarella and fresh basil are all good.

Toppings? Nothing new age for me. I limit meats to pepperoni, sausage and bacon. Veggies - onions, mushrooms, black olives and green peppers are OK. Not all together though. That makes pizzas soggy.

Chicken, ham, pineapple, broccoli, BBQ sauce, buffalo chicken, white sauces are all good things to eat. They just don't belong on a pizza.

Just my opinion.

Ultrathin crust. Cracker consistency. Midwest meats and cheeses. (I don't care if cows are happier in California!)

Sausage, mushroom, bacon, black olives. Fresh tomato slices on top if its summer. Thin sliced garlic if there is no chance of companionship.

We have a college town bistro type restaurant called "Mellow Mushroom" and I love their Kosmic Karma Pizza (sundried tomatoes,spinich,feta,fresh tomatoes, and pesto) and their Magical Mystery Tour Pizza (Portobello and button 'shrooms, jalepenos, spinich, feta, and pesto)...life is good :)

My favorite pizza is usually the one in front of me. I never met a pizza I didn't like although some are more memorable than others. So tonight my favorite was this one, which I made for dinner :)

Home made crust, artichokes, kalamata olives (with pits), mushrooms, onions and red pepper. It was a good crust, crisp on the bottom and chewy in the middle and there was a snappy sauce with a basil/fennel finish when you inhale just before that anticipated first bite.

Oh Yum.

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 229
Have you been to Matchbox? REALLY good pizza!!

I have tried Matchbox and I agree with you their pizza is exceptional. I still think Neapolitan is my favorite and I have yet to try 2 Amy's which the article recommends for a good Neapolitan pizza. Have you ever tried a pizza from 2 Amy's.

Has to be thin crust and pepperoni with cheese is my favorite. Lots of toppings are cool, but sometimes I just want something simple.

Yep, thin crisp crust of course, with thick sliced pepperoni and mushroom and or even just cheese.
If I could fine a thin, chewy crust that would be awesome.
I like red bell peppers too, sometimes.
I recently tried eggs on my pepperoni pizza, and it was yummy!
And I made polenta crust with the pepperoni traditional toppings, and it was soooo good!
I think I'll try potatoes on one next.
Never really met a pizza or a potato I didn't like, lol. :pig:
I also want to try out kimchee pizza.
Hmmmmmm, now how about mashed potatoes on a pizza...

Yep, thin crisp crust of course, with thick sliced pepperoni and mushroom and or even just cheese.
If I could fine a thin, chewy crust that would be awesome.
I like red bell peppers too, sometimes.
I recently tried eggs on my pepperoni pizza, and it was yummy!
And I made polenta crust with the pepperoni traditional toppings, and it was soooo good!
I think I'll try potatoes on one next.
Never really met a pizza or a potato I didn't like, lol. :pig:
I also want to try out kimchee pizza.
Hmmmmmm, now how about mashed potatoes on a pizza...
Sounds like a carbohydrateholic.
Being a pizza fan myself, I've concluded:
It's worth the effort to learn how to make it yourself.
You'll consume less carbs if you only eat the pizzas you make yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom