Chief Longwind's Even Lighter Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I made pancakes this morning. I used my recipe but with a twist. The result was a pancake that was as moist and tender as ever, but even lighter, with great loft. So what did I do different? I added instant mashed potato flakes to the batter. I figured it worked in both Spudnuts pastry dough, and potato bread, so why not in pancake The texture difference is not profound, but is noticeable. So here's the recipe.

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup AP Flour
3 tsp. double acting baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbs. sugar
3 tbs. instant potato flakes.
Whisk it all together.

Wet Ingredients:
1 extra large egg
3/4 cup milk
3 tbs. cooking oil, or melted butter
Whisk together the liquid fat and egg until smooth. Whisk the milk into the egg/fat mixture. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together to make a batter, leaving little lumps in. Cook on a hot griddle over medium-high heat until bubble form on top.
Flip and cook for another minute until the bottom is browned. Serve with your favorite toppings.

I find that using fresh blueberries, if I'm adding blueberries,gives a far superior result than using frozen blueberries.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
g

From time to time I like to make ricotta cheese pan cakes where they are a little over sized but not "lumber Jack's".

As they cool a little I squirt some canned whipped cream in a line towards one side and then add blueberries and then roll it up. I make two of these placed side beside side. Then I dust some powdered sugar over them.

The batter can be thinned some to get a crepe like pancake for this. Lemon juice or zest can be added to this too.

pancakes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom