Cody's Cream Pancakes (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zereh

Head Chef
The thread that mentioned kids in the kitchen reminded me of this recipe. My son didn't spend a ton of time in the kitchen when he was younger, but he did perfect these pancakes. I knew he had it bad for his girl Sara when he made these for her when he was home on leave last fall! If he's cooking for her, he's in love. =P

This comes from an old (circa 1983) book entitled Breads by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

2 eggs, separated, room tempature
1 c ap flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/3 c powdered sugar
1 c half-and-half, room tempature
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 t freshly grated lemon peel
Powdered sugar, honey, syrup or jam

Lightly grease a large griddle or skillet. Preheat over medium heat until a drop of water bounces across the surface. Can preheat an electric griddle or skillet to 425F (220C).

In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; set aside.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar; set aside.

In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Stir in half-and-half, vanilla and lemon peel. Stir into flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in beaten egg whites.

Cook on preheated griddle until bottoms are golden brown and bubbles begin to to break through the surface. Turn and cook the other side until golden brown.

Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, or serve with honey, syrup or your favorite jam.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom