Goodweed-Pancake question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I am mastering the reciepe, I have taken to adding a teaspoon of vanilla to the wet mix...
I am finding that sometimes when I get everything mixed it is about as thick as bread dough almost. Lots of air bubbles and it cooks up fine, you have to cook it low and slow otherwise the outside gets to done before the inside.
Is the batter supposed to be thick or is vanilla doing it or am I just not putting in enough milk

I'm not goodweed, I'm more like good clay :eek:}

Anyway, my recipe call for the pancake batter to be the consistency of heavy cream. When I use buttermilk (which is almost always) it seems to take more liquid.

I don't see how the vanilla would make the batter thicker.

lol, mr. bill. (isn't clay so porous?)

the temp of the griddle and the thickness of the batter would probably be best plotted on a curve. i'm sure g-dubya's worked that out.

unfortunately gw is away, attending his daughter's wedding. he should be back soon.​

Last edited:
Am not gw, and he is certainly the expert on his recipe which is great, but the first food I learned to make as a kid was pancakes and I still love to make them and crepes. But the consistency of bread dough, I think is a bit too thick. To me bread dough does not pour, and pancake batter certainly does readily.

I'm not goodweed, I'm more like good clay :eek:}

Anyway, my recipe call for the pancake batter to be the consistency of heavy cream. When I use buttermilk (which is almost always) it seems to take more liquid.

I don't see how the vanilla would make the batter thicker.

I haven't thought about Mr. Bill in years.:LOL: Thanks.

Congrats to Goodweed, the proud pappa...

My pancake batter poured, maybe it was more like cake batter, put it was plenty thick. My guess is I need a tad more milk

Back
Top Bottom