Need waffle recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nozi

Assistant Cook
Please can you help with a simple waffle recipe? I lost my waffle iron recipe booklet and i cant remember how it's done. Thank you.

Check out Chief Longwind's pancake recipe. It should work fine for waffles too.

The Chief's waffle recipe is different from his pancake recipe. Maybe he'll see this and post it.

The Chief's waffle recipe is different from his pancake recipe. Maybe he'll see this and post it.

Indeed my friend. I give you two great waffle recipes.

Belgian Waffles

Belgian waffles are traditionally made with a yeast-risen batter. They are very light, and wonderfully fluffy, with a crisp outer texture and soft, moist inner crumb, almost like bread. They are great with syrup, or fruit syrups, or with freshly sliced fruit and either powdered sugar or whipped cream. However you top them, they are delicious.

Ingredients:
2 quarts and one pint of liquid (milk)
2/3 ounce of yeast
¼ cup sugar
7 cups of flour
5 oz of salted butter
1 spoon of cooking oil
4 large eggs
4 oz of sugar (100 gram)
½ tsp. salt

Heat the liquid up until it is very warm to the touch, but not scalding hot. Add the sugar and milk together and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the yeast and stir until dissolved. Separate the eggs and place the whites in a glass or stainless steel bow.

Sift the flour into a bowl; sprinkle the salt at the edge of the flour and make a hole in the middle. Slowly poor the milk/sugar/yeast misture into the hole while stirring with a whisk. Stir in the melted butter., where you pour the dissolved yeast and the melted butter. Add the egg yolks and whisk in. Fold the batter from the center to the sides until the thick batter is smooth and somewhat elastic.

Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, and gently fold into the batter. Cover and let the batter rise until its volume has doubled. Pour enough of the batter into the waffle iron to cover the bottom grids. Close and bake until the waffles are golden brown. Remove when done and place on a wire cooling rack so as to let the steam escape. If you just place them onto a hard surface, the steam will cause the waffles to become soggy.

Tip; For a change of pace, try adding more sweetener to the batter, along with either cocoa powder, or cinamon and nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spices, etc. I have even added canned pumpkin and the spices for pumpkin pie (cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger). They came out wonderful. So don’t be afraid to experiment.

And, if you want to try something a bit different, decrease the sugar, and add some garlic and Italian herbs and spices. Serve these savory waffles with roast beef and gravy, or chicken, or...

Enjoy.

Waffles
[FONT=&quot]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dry Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup all-purpose flour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 tbs. Sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 tsp. nutmeg[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 tsp. ginger
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ tsp. Salt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 tsp. Double Acting Baking Powder (You must use Double Acting Baking Powder to get the best texture)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wet Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup milk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tsp. vanilla extract
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 large Egg[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 tbs. Cooking oil[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Preheat the waffle iron. Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together with a wire whisk or mixing spoon. Separate the eggs into two glass, or stainless steel bowls, not plastic. Add the oil to the egg yolk and stir until smooth. Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Add the milk and egg yolks to the dry ingredients. Fold in the egg whites.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Lightly oil the waffle grids. Spoon enough batter onto the waffle grids to nearly fill them. Close and cook according to your waffle iron directions. Remove & serve immediately with fresh fruit, or your favorite syrup, jam, or honey.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I have quite a few waffle recipes and like them all, but this one has captured our fancy as of late.

Sooooo easy, especially since the batter can be made the night before and refrigerated. Glenn loves them and they are great as the cake in strawberry shortcake.

Check out a recent picture.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 406
I have quite a few waffle recipes and like them all, but this one has captured our fancy as of late.

Sooooo easy, especially since the batter can be made the night before and refrigerated. Glenn loves them and they are great as the cake in strawberry shortcake.

Check out a recent picture.

Sounds like a good recipe, and your's looks much better than the picture with the recipe. I love your waffle maker! They turn out so pretty!

My daughter has been asking for homemade waffles. I'll be on vacation next week for the forth so I'll have to try one of these recipes...... Now, to find that waffle iron.......

Sounds like a good recipe, and your's looks much better than the picture with the recipe. I love your waffle maker! They turn out so pretty!

Thanks, chopper. We have all sorts of different waffle makers. The one I used for the waffles in the picture is one made by VillaWare, model #3301. I bought it a long time ago at some closeout warehouse store and paid little or nothing for it. It's probably not even made any more. The reverse side of the waffles has the traditional crosshatch pattern.

Thanks, chopper. We have all sorts of different waffle makers. The one I used for the waffles in the picture is one made by VillaWare, model #3301. I bought it a long time ago at some closeout warehouse store and paid little or nothing for it. It's probably not even made any more. The reverse side of the waffles has the traditional crosshatch pattern.

I would be using that side all of the time. What pretty roses! I guess I need to be stopping at garage sales looking for this waffle iron.

OMG i feel like a little girl in a candy store! Thank you so much everyone. Sorry i couldnt respond on time, sometimes connection to the app fails me. I am so greatful though!

Here is a different one for you,
take the cinnamon buns that come in a tube - separate them and put in your waffle iron
You get cinnamon waffle - you can used the icing that comes with them or use syrup

I also have recently been told you can use a cake mix - mix according to box and then pour into waffle iron.
I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

This is actually my favorite kind of waffle. I seperate the eggs and ship the egg-whites until stiff. I then fold the egg white into the batter and bake in my Belgian waffle iron. I love to top with fresh fruit slices, especially peaches, or pears, then top with Chantilly cream. The yeast goes just so well with the fruit. It's like eating a yeast-raised donuts, only better. Yum.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

"Oh Boy Waffles"

If you have an older copy of The Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook there is the best waffle recipe ever. "Oh Boy Waffles".
If not here it is:
Sift together 2 1/4 Cup Sifted All Purpose Flour, 4 teaspoons Baking Powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar. Mix 2 beaten eggs, 2 1/4 Cups milk, & 1/2 cup salad oil (I often use Bacon grease); add all at once to dry ingredients, beating only til moistened (it will be lumpy) Bake in a preheated waffle baker. Makes 10 to 12.

Back
Top Bottom