Waffle mix (Carbon's): salted or unsalted butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcald2000

Assistant Cook
I've recently started using Carbon's Golden Malted waffle mix. I'm going to the store later to purchase more butter and I wanted advice on whether salted or unsalted is better?

So I ended up buying salted Kerrygold. It's my first time getting this brand; normally I buy just Breakstone's. I only went with salted because in addition to making Belgian waffles in the next day or so, I also wanted butter to enjoy with my bagel store bagels.

However I'd still like to hear opinions on both salted vs unsalted, as well as brand of choice.

America's test kitchen says this is their best choice on flavor. I've only gotten it once, and it was lovely; I am sure your creations will taste fantastic!
I like salted for buttering toast or serving as a finish on top of steak; with pancake and waffles and stuff- I just reduce salt if I use salted butter, and use whatever my recipe calls for (usually only 1/4 tsp anyway) I want if the butter is unsalted.

I have found the tastes indistinguishable between salted and unsalted butters in most applications. For waffles, I'd go with salted. The amount of salt in salted butter isn't very much at all.

Just to make it easy, I always buy unsalted butter. If I want salt, I add it from one of the several salt dishes I have - next to the stove, on the kitchen peninsula, on the dining room table and on a living room end table :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom