Waffles: What do u serve yours with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I made waffles for the first time yesterday.
They were so delicious. :)
I served them with chocolate sauce.
What do u serve yours with? I am looking for more ideas to serve with the waffles I make in future.

Mel

I like 'em with cherry pie filling and Cool Whip on top.. YUM

Usually just butter and syrup, but sometimes Suzi's way, or apple pie filling, or blueberry pie filling, or strawberry, or banana, or both!
Never tried em with chocolate sauce though...

OOOO have the chocolate.
With the cherries and Cool Whip. I did that once too.
I guess at that point you are eating dessert for breakfast.

While many like the traditional butter and syrup or fruit toppings, they are also quite good as a base for creamed chipped beef or chicken ala king either at brunch or supper. And for the veggie people out there, creamed mushrooms and peas is a fine topping for such events.

Cool ideas!!!:)
And I like those ideas for non sweet toppings too. Do u still put sugar in the waffle batter for this? Maybe putting less sugar than the ones I made would be the way to go.

Mel

Just had them with mixed berry preserves, topped with Cool Whip. I usually serve them to my kids with butter flavor maple syrup and some side fruit (oranges, cantaloupe and strawberries).

We like waffles about any way they can be served. Gs prefers pancakes. I've been thinking about making corn meal waffles (when I find a good recipe) and serve chili, cheese, etc on top. I think that would be wonderful for a quick meal.

We like waffles about any way they can be served. Gs prefers pancakes. I've been thinking about making corn meal waffles (when I find a good recipe) and serve chili, cheese, etc on top. I think that would be wonderful for a quick meal.

That's a great idea!

...I've been thinking about making corn meal waffles (when I find a good recipe) ...

Try just your standard corn bread recipe. In a recent issue of Real Simple, they suggested using your corn bread recipe in your waffle iron to make quick and crunchy corn bread sticks (cut the waffle into 4 sticks) for chili. See, you have a great idea!

I'm not a big fan of maple. I really like to use some melted butter, and spread some blueberry preserves or apple butter over top. Right now, I've got some of both that's some kind of Amish-made product (according to the label). I don't know if it's really Amish, but goes, that blueberry stuff is great!

Apple topping and other fruit toppings are great. Fruit-flavored syrups are really good as well.

You know what I really miss? The Belgian Waffles that TCBY used to do when they first opened up. A hot, freshly-made Belgian waffle, topped with some good frozen yogurt, then all sorts of goodies like candies, nuts, etc., sprinkled over top. YUMMY!

Oh shoot. I've got a Belgian waffle machine of sorts (makes animal-shaped waffles). I may have to find a good Belgian waffle mix, either store-bought or homemade, get some decent ice cream or frozen yogurt, and stock up on chocolate chips, gummy bears, etc.

Maple syrup, sometimes some toasted pecans then the maple syrup.
I am going to make chocolate waffles and serve with ice cream and raspberry sauce for dessert.

Our traditional Christmas morning breakfast includes homemade Belgian waffles with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream and hot homemade (and homegrown) raspberry sauce poured on top, with pork sausages and bacon on the side. My adult kids look forward to it for weeks leading up to the big day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom