What unusual things do you put in pancakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to make pancakes with cinnamon and shredded carrots in the batter. They were always a hit!

How about you?

The most adventurous I've been with pancakes is to add blueberries. But I do have an on-line friend who does a lot of innovative things with them.

He uses a whole grain pancake mix for his pancakes, and adds various vegetables or fruits. Corn, cut from a cob left over from last nights dinner, seems to be one of his favorites. He tops that one with margarine and a poached egg.
Sometimes he puts dried fruit, such as raisins or chopped plums, in the mix, and then tops the pancake with applesauce or cooked apple slices.

cinnamon
ground flax seeds
ground oatmeal
buckwheat flour
whole wheat flour
that is what my pancakes are comprised of:) plus leavening agents

:) Sauteed apples and cinnamon,pumpkin filling,spices and toasted pecans,orange peel and spices and toasted nuts,blueberries or one of my favorites black berries,bananas with a little banana extract to make them really banana.I also like to top pancakes with fresh fruit and fruit yogurt with syrup.Fruit yogurt is really good on pancakes with a little syrup.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Sauteed apples and cinnamon,pumpkin filling,spices and toasted pecans,orange peel and spices and toasted nuts,blueberries or one of my favorites black berries,bananas with a little banana extract to make them really banana.I also like to top pancakes with fresh fruit and fruit yogurt with syrup.Fruit yogurt is really good on pancakes with a little syrup.

You took my idea jpmcgrew! I too will occasionally use stewed or sautéed apples. Then top with cinnamon! Wow, I’m wanting pancakes now. :)

Sometimes I'll cook an egg in the middle of the pancake. That's fun.

Some others include:

Allspice
Blueberries
Vanilla

Sierra I like choc chips in my pc, as well.

chocolate chips

Choc chips &/or cocoa powder &/or walnuts w whipped cream (& OMG chocolate syrup)

Peaches

eggnog, vanilla extract & nutmeg w cranberry topping

Pumpkin (already mentioned)

Ricotta cheese & lemon zest

Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries & blueberries

Cherries and/or Grand Marnier, rum or brandy might be interesting

Bananas (already mentioned) & walnuts

For a time, IHOP had an add running for apple pancakes w caramel & whipped cream topping (OMGosh)

If you're on a diet, don't look:

Gundel's walnut and chocolate pancakes - Recipes - Good Living - Entertainment

Recipes - Pancakes - Mr Breakfast.com

If my grandson is here he wants the usual recipe and chocolate chips added. He will be home the 15th and I will certainly enjoy making him some again.

I want my buckwheat flapjacks left alone, please...just lots of real butter and sausage nearby.

*amy* said:
Sierra I like choc chips in my pc, as well.

chocolate chips

Choc chips &/or cocoa powder &/or walnuts w whipped cream (& OMG chocolate syrup)

Peaches

eggnog, vanilla extract & nutmeg w cranberry topping

Pumpkin (already mentioned)

Ricotta cheese & lemon zest

Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries & blueberries

Cherries and/or Grand Marnier, rum or brandy might be interesting

Bananas (already mentioned) & walnuts

For a time, IHOP had an add running for apple pancakes w caramel & whipped cream topping (OMGosh)

If you're on a diet, don't look:

Gundel's walnut and chocolate pancakes - Recipes - Good Living - Entertainment

Recipes - Pancakes - Mr Breakfast.com

Can I move in with you Amy?!!!!!!Great stuff.

Jikoni said:
Can I move in with you Amy?!!!!!!Great stuff.

Come on over, Jikoni. :) (I've had my eye on that Grand Marnier Souffle :pig: )

I never had a chance to eat at Chinois, but remember reading the recipe for the pancakes. This is what I really want for dinner.

RE_WPTI0226.gif

Wolfgang Puck - Chinese Duck with Plum Sauce and Chinois Pancakes

(Who wants to grab a flight with me to Vegas for dinner tonight? :LOL: )

Last edited:
I've been making sour cream, walnut and zucchini pancakes all summer, even my husband who hates zucchini and isn't wild about "fatcakes" eats these right up.

Add maple granola with almonds for a kicked up pancake, topped with apple butter and cool whip.

Jelly Belly jelly beans and m&ms. You have to be careful not to burn them though and eat them straight out of the pan with lots of butter. Great Sunday morning feast. :)

Back
Top Bottom