Alaskan King Crab!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jurdoc

Assistant Cook
I love living in Alaska, we are always the first to behold the bounty of our oceans, which are world famous for-KING CRAB! I was just going basic, a big aluminum pot (i'd use steel, but dont have anything big enough) I was thinking of a side of rice and udon noodle soup, perhaps making a butter dip with baked garlic at the bottom, for the legs themselves. any other ideas?

There has been a lot of discussion on handling and cooking crabs in general, frozen crab legs etc in the past. Do take a look at some of these threads for ideas.

Since crabs are not "acidic" - aluminum will be just fine for boiling or steaming (although minerals in the water may stain the pot).

As for ideas on what to do with crab ...

Crab and okra gumbo served over rice, crab creole served over pasta, crab ravioli, mannacotti stuffed with crab and ricotta and 1-2 other cheeses, crab quiche, crab cakes, crab filled crepes, crab filled omlet, crab spring-rolls, crab with peas, sauteed onions and a white sauce in a puff-pastry shell (Crab a' la king), crab fried rice, crab bisque, boiled/steamed crab, fried crab (tempura batter, cornmeal, panko crumbs, etc.), crab salad, fried crab Po' Boy sandwich ....

That's just off the top of my head ... I might be able to come up with another idea or two if I thought about it for a minute or two ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom