Asian inspired Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstarr

Cook
I'm looking for some recommendations on a recipe/menu for an asian inspired meal with Salmon. I was thinking of doing an asian flavored salmon (a soy sauce base) over udon noodles with spinach.

Any ideas or recommendations?

I sometimes cook salmon in a foil packet with garlic, ginger, scallions, soy, oyster sauce and wine.

You may like to look into Miso or Teriyaki-glazed salmon. Lots of good recipes out there, very easy to put together, & very tasty. And works well with noodles. Here's my favorite side to pair with it. While I use ramen noodles, udon would work as well. And you could certainly substitute spinach for the zucchini - it's the contrast in colors & flavors that's important.

BREEZY SESAME ZUCCHINI CARROT RAMEN NOODLES

1 small/medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
1 package Ramen noodle soup mix
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Aprox. 1 teaspoon (about 1”) peeled & grated fresh ginger
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Soy sauce to taste
Vegetable oil
Hot sesame oil (or regular, if desired)

Wash & trim zucchini; trim & peel carrot. Grate, shred, or julienne slice both.

Discard soup/seasoning packet from Ramen noodles (or save for another use). Cook noodles according to package directions & drain.

In a medium/large skillet, heat a thin coating of vegetable oil & sauté squash & carrot until just barely tender. Add ginger & garlic & stir a few times. Add drained noodles & combine gently. Add crushed red pepper flakes & soy sauce to taste & gently combine again. Serve with a drizzle of hot (or regular) sesame oil on top.

Alright, I know it is winter now in Chicago, but if you are somewhere warm and have a grill, you have to try this Asian-Grilled Salmon recipe!! I made it during a party in Summer and everyone loves it! ahh, can't wait for summer to come again!

I know I'm late to this thread, but...

You could make a simple marinade with soy sauce, vermouth or dry sherry (I prefer dry vermouth but in this instance I think the dry sherry will lend the proper Asian flavor), brown sugar, ginger, garlic, a bit of sesame oil, spring/green onions, sesame seeds.

I'd marinate for maybe 1 hour OR you can reduce this mixture and use it as a glaze when cooking. I would prefer marinating because the sugars will tend to burn before the fish gets done.

Keep some of this marinade out for tossing with some Udon noodles, or rice stick noodles, or some other Asian style noodle you like.

Steamed snow peas or even edamame can be tossed into the noodles or served on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom