Asian salmon in foil...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I made this tonight, and wanted to share.

This salmon turned out much better than I ever suspected, since we are not fans of cooked salmon at all.

The recipe was followed exactly and the cook time was perfect, as it was moist and just ever so slightly underdone. That could be the missing salmon secret for me. The balance of the flavors with the sauce and fish in foil was spot on, and I sure will do it again. SC was equally impressed with the outcome.
I served it with roasted asparagus, and steamed Jasmine rice flavored with Singapore Seasoning, sesame oil and lemon juice. The yummy reserved sauce from the foil packet was served on the side.
Here's the recipe from one of my favorite blogs......***** https://damndelicious.net/2014/12/19...on-foil/print/

Delicious...:yum: Attached Thumbnails

Last edited:
I can vouch for the recipe as it is close to foil-pouch brook trout I have made.

Cooking fish in foil, especially fish of the char (brook trout are really char) trot (rainbow, steelhead, and browns), and the many members of the salmon family are all great. The flesh is moist, and full flavored, with a natural sauce from the seasonings.

I'm not going to add my own foil pouch fish recipes as this is not my thread. Instead, I say thank you Kayelle for sharing a great looking recipe.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Looks fantastic, Kayelle! I copied that, for later use. I've always liked fish cooked in pouches - foil, parchment, or banana leaves.

This looks great! We eat lot of salmon and this is similar to one of the ways I prepare it. Thank you for the recipe!

For cooking times, we live on the west coast and get wild pacific salmon, which needs less cooking time than farmed salmon, so keep that in mind.

In my opinion, slightly undercooked salmon is so much better. Thanks again for your recipe!

This looks great! We eat lot of salmon and this is similar to one of the ways I prepare it. Thank you for the recipe!

For cooking times, we live on the west coast and get wild pacific salmon, which needs less cooking time than farmed salmon, so keep that in mind.

In my opinion, slightly undercooked salmon is so much better. Thanks again for your recipe!

And thanks for your info too Summer!

It was really really good, and I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch today. I didn't reheat the salmon, but only the sides. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom