Atties chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
I've been having a problem posting images to lets try one of a table of par-cooked chips.
31427588_21e4fb3ca2_m.jpg

Seems to have worked, these chips are lightly battered to give them that extra crunch

OH Attie....could I do some damage to that pile of fries. :pig:

I've been so hungry for 2 days now. I'm going to have to waddle to exercise class on Monday.

attie said:
I've been having a problem posting images to lets try one of a table of par-cooked chips.
31427588_21e4fb3ca2_m.jpg

Seems to have worked, these chips are lightly battered to give them that extra crunch
How are these made ? Can you make them at home? They really look good ---:-p

You can make them at home quiet easily, you don't need to batter them if you feel that's to messy and you don't need a deep fryer to do it, just a reasonably deep pot. Par-cooking them then letting them rest before finnishing them off seems to work best. You can also par-boil them if you wish rather than using oil. Probably the nicest chips I've ever had came from a kitchen where they steamed them first then finnished them in oil.

attie said:
You can make them at home quiet easily, you don't need to batter them if you feel that's to messy and you don't need a deep fryer to do it, just a reasonably deep pot. Par-cooking them then letting them rest before finnishing them off seems to work best. You can also par-boil them if you wish rather than using oil. Probably the nicest chips I've ever had came from a kitchen where they steamed them first then finnished them in oil.
Thanks for the input-- another question -- how do they usually cut them and what type of batter--- love my fries (chips) ! :-p

Back
Top Bottom