Can someone suggest a super easy fish recipe I can eat every week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlanS2323

Assistant Cook
I need to start putting more fish in my diet, but the trouble is that I've yet to find an easy recipe that I could do every week. When I say easy, I'm talking like 5-10 minutes of preparation max for any sauces, and then a quick, easy method of cooking the fish in the oven.

I tried a recipe last week that involved chicken stock, olive oil, parsley, pepper and garlic, and it was decent, but it was too garlicy and just not that great. Any suggestions?

Hi, Alan. Your question is a timely one since I prepared fish for dinner last night. Didn't do it in the oven, just on top of the stove.

I had tilapia filets. I just patted them dry with paper towels and seasoned them on both sides with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. I heated up equal portions of butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet until just bubbling, then gently placed the fish in the pan. I let the fish cook until just lightly browned on one side and then flipped over to do the same to the other side. I removed the fish and added a splash of fresh lemon juice and some sliced almonds and cooked until the almonds became golden. Poured the mixture over the fish and served.

It only took a few minutes and was very good. It cooked in less time than it would have taken to preheat the oven.

I love Tilapia fillets. I mix garlic salt and course ground pepper into panko bread crumbs, coat the fish on both sides and then pan cook the fish. I heat some oil and butter in a sauce pan, like Katie, and just lightly cook the fish until the bread crumbs are golden brown. It's fast, simple and tastey. You can also use kosher salt instead of garlic salt.

Start with a large piece of aluminum foil.

Place some scallions, sliced garlic and minced ginger in the center.

Place the fish on top of the veggies.

Bring two sides of the foil together above the fish and fold the edges together to make a seam. Fold one of the two open ends over on itself to seal it.

Pour a mixture of dry sherry, soy sauce and oyster sauce into the remaining open end and fold that up as well.

Place the pouch onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 F.

Hi, Alan. Your question is a timely one since I prepared fish for dinner last night. Didn't do it in the oven, just on top of the stove.

I had tilapia filets. I just patted them dry with paper towels and seasoned them on both sides with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. I heated up equal portions of butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet until just bubbling, then gently placed the fish in the pan. I let the fish cook until just lightly browned on one side and then flipped over to do the same to the other side. I removed the fish and added a splash of fresh lemon juice and some sliced almonds and cooked until the almonds became golden. Poured the mixture over the fish and served.

It only took a few minutes and was very good. It cooked in less time than it would have taken to preheat the oven.

That sounds really good. Forgive my lack of cooking knowledge, but is the combination of butter and olive common in cooking? I always thought of it as an either or question, not both, with Europeans using olive oil and Americans using butter.

That sounds really good. Forgive my lack of cooking knowledge, but is the combination of butter and olive common in cooking? I always thought of it as an either or question, not both, with Europeans using olive oil and Americans using butter.
The olive oil keeps the butter from browning and burning. I learned it watching many cooking shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom