Clams and Mussels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
Clean your shellfish accordingly.

Lightly saute 1-2 sliced shallots in evvo inside a sauce pan or small stock pot. Add the clams, mussels, 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme or tarragon, 1 1/2 cups dry white wine, 2 cloves of minced garlic, black pepper, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes and the juice from 1/2 a lemon.

Cover and cook until the shells open. About 10 minutes. Discard the ones that dont open. The mussels will cook first, so pull them out when done or add them 2-3 mimnutes after the clams.:chef:

img_604334_0_f94e82cc8e89494d02182d18795383be.jpg

Some toast for the sauce.

img_604334_1_f4526894e663f337232299eaeb1560e7.jpg

I can haz mussel?

img_604334_2_88eeb4a3ec0babcd683d6bb0a2f9dbac.jpg

Your sauce base is similar to something that I do. Try this:

1. Saute diced chorizo until lightly browned.
2. Add the shallots, garlic, and red pepper and saute until lightly golden brown.
3. Deglaze with white wine then add the clams/mussels to steam.
4. Remove clams/mussels when done, then add 2-3 Tbsp. unsalted butter and emulsify. Season sauce to taste with salt and lemon and pour over clams.

That sounds good. I'm kinda bored with the routine now, but it tastes so darn good. The chorizo sounds like a winner. I've done the butter mounted sauce before, just not with the chorizo.

Thanks.

Jeepers Jeekinz,

What are you doing to the animals up there?

That poor little kitty with the lime stuck on his head looked sooo sad!

I miss the little guy...

Seriously, do you make mussels with spaghetti?

I had some once that looked a lot like your recipe except it had a very light sort of chopped tomato sauce to it , served in a bowl of spaghetti with the muscles on top. I can't seem to re-create that sauce.

Eric, Austin Tx.

LOL

Yes, sometimes I do shellfish and pasta. The DW doesn't like it, so I prepare it on the weekends when she's at work.:shifty: Wasn't feeling the pasta today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom