Crawfish Boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hence the incentive for taking up diving. Yeah Hogfish. Not sure why they call it Hog Snapper but I have at least seen it in markets sometimes. But not these other species of lobster.

Sounds like we might have been on a wild goose chase for the mystical centollo... and perhaps had it and didn't even know. But, I saw a picture of the spider crab another restaurant was referring to and it did look different. Smaller claws. These are all subtle differences potentially but that's ok. I love shellfish and want to try them all.

For whatever reason/coincidence my brother, who I work with in Sunrise near the Sawgrass Mall, ordered boiled crawfish from Deanie's today. It will arrive tomorrow (Thursday) at the office. This is the real deal stuff. Anyway, Craig, you are welcome to stop by with your wife if you want to try it. Let me know.

Appreciate the offer, but I'll be working on the other side of the state amd won't get home until late.

Craig

No worries. I'll snap a pic or two but that's not the same thing. I am convinced though if you tried these you'd taste the Worcestershire sauce and even the celery salt. There's a certain sweet tanginess to the cajun crawfish boils in New Orleans. That said, there very well could be other secret ingredients. Actually, Deanie's sells their own boil spice mix. I haven't tried that or at least not in awhile (might have years ago). It's been a few years since we've ordered from Deanie's at all so I'm looking forward to it. We also got gumbo. I'm happy with the gumbo I can make (and I used Emeril's book for a reference - but had to tweak still to get it more like Deanie's). The only thing I haven't been totally on is including oysters. I tried ones from a container but I don't trust them. Have to be fresh and that's a bit of a pita but I love gumbo with oysters in it... and everything else (crab, shrimp, crawfish, okra...).

Back
Top Bottom