Crawfish Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
CRAWFISH PIE

4 T butter
1 large onion diced
1 medium bell pepper diced
1 large rib of celery diced
1 medium tomato…seeded & peeled
1 t. salt…to taste
½ t. black pepper ...to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
Cajun/Creole seasoning to taste…
1 lb. Crawfish tails plus fat
2 T. parsley chopped
Flour & Water (2/3 cup water + 3 T. flour)
A double pie crust

Sauté the onion, celery and pepper, in the butter until slightly browned. Add the tomatoes and the seasonings…Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the crawfish, and parsley. Sauté for 3 or 4 minutes. Thicken with flour & water slurry. Let it cool for 20-30 minutes. Pour everything into your bottom crust then apply the top crust. Seal the edges, and cut a couple of vents. Bake at 400* for 10 minutes. Then down to 325* until crust is browned.
Let the pie cool for 30-45 minutes before serving. Tabasco and a green salad are nice too!

I figure 10 lbs live per person...This will give you about 1 lb tail meat more or less. With boiled corn and potatoes, plenty of cold beer, it's enough. Most women want eat that much...Some men will eat more.

Andy the numbers above are for a serious Crawfish boil with big eaters...If you wanted to have say a small cocktail party...have a few boiled crawfish etc...then maybe 2-3-4 pounds per person...They will normally yield out out somwhere between 10-to 15%

On the Cajun Crawfish site they say the live ones are out of season. but the tail meat is available. I'm sure that is frozen, but it is much better than the imported tails. :)

Hey Miss Mud...I was gonna save you a piece...but I ate it for lunch...I couldn't resist:-p I have you too know it was better than last night!!

Back
Top Bottom