Egg Dipped Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coronadelmarsue

Assistant Cook
Hi I just joined, but Iam looking for a egg dipped fish recipe. Does anyone have one that I can make my fish for dinner??? I will do my intro in a few minutes, but trying to fix dinner.

Thanks so much
Sue :rolleyes:

Hi, Sue.

If you are going to fry filets, blot them dry first. Then, depending on how many pieces of fish you want to cook, whip up an egg or two in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, pour some dry (unseasoned) bread crumbs.

Once you have done all of the above, dip the fish into the beaten egg, then into the bread crumbs. Press the fish a bit as you put it into the bread crumbs. Transfer the breaded fish to a waxed paper-lined plate/tray and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. This will allow the breading to "set."

To fry the fish, add about 1/4 inch of canola oil to a large skillet. Heat the oil until you see a bit of a "shimmer" on the surface of the oil. Now it's ready for you to add the fish. Gently drop the breaded fish into the hot oil. Cook, without disturbing, for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Turn the fish and cook a little less than you did for the first side. The fish should be golden brown on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon or spatula to drain on a wire rack. Immediately season as you wish. It's important to season while the fish is still hot.

Serve.

Katie, when I do an egg dipped fish it's simply that. Beat up 2/3 eggs with a dash of water or milk, coat the fillets in flour, dip in the egg wash then shallow fry as you suggested.

I use fine semolina at work for my fillets instead of flour to stop them sticking together when you do quantities.

I do similar Attie, except I use seasoned flour (dried chives, dried parsley, dred tarragon garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mustard powder). For the most part though, I just use the seasoned flour.

Welcome to DC, Sue!!

We dip our fish fillets (snapper, grouper, porgy) in flour, then egg then panko with black sesame seeds. Fry it & serve with Thai chili sauce & spicy peanut sauce.

I always use a three step dredging process:

1. Seasoned or unseasoned flour to ensure a truly dry fillet. Bread crumbs will not stick to a wet surface.

2. Whisked egg, usually half real egg and half egg beaters.

3. Bread crumbs or, sometimes, peanuts, cashews, or macadamia nuts, crushed to a powder in the food processor.

Back
Top Bottom