Egg-less Crab cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good move.
you being west coast and me being blue claw dyed in the Chesapeake....
we may have some different tastes in crab cakes - and crab per se. Dungeness crab and blue claw are different tastes.

I've never had any luck with the mayo based crab cake binders.
it always turns out to be crab hash . . .

(long story omitted . . . ) I've gone back to the basics.
blue claw crab, egg with a dab of creamy horse radish, Old Bay, bit of onion/roasted red pepper.
a smidge of panko if it's too wet.
that's it - period. no more thousand ingredient crab cakes.

View attachment 40588
There you go. Simple, yummy, crabby goodness :yum:

Signed,
The Southernmost Edge of the Chesapeake Bay

"bump"
Rereading a few threads, noticed the scallop chowder. sounds wonderful and I may try it come (for me) chowder season. I've never been able to do a recipe for bay scallops that doesn't turn out overcooked and a good substitute for India Rubber Balls in miniature.
Now Sea Scallops - that's a different story! But to use them for that mousse? Umm, no, just no!

"bump"
Rereading a few threads, noticed the scallop chowder. sounds wonderful and I may try it come (for me) chowder season. I've never been able to do a recipe for bay scallops that doesn't turn out overcooked and a good substitute for India Rubber Balls in miniature.
Now Sea Scallops - that's a different story! But to use them for that mousse? Umm, no, just no!
As I was rereading it, I thought, how can you wait to make something with crab? It has to be eaten right away. Then I realized you were probably talking about canned crab. There aren't many foods I'm picky about, but when it comes to crab, for me, it has to be fresh and already picked blue crab. Which is why I haven't had any in a few years 😁 It went for $35/lb last time I checked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom