Favorite Conch Fritter Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I have settled on this conch fritter (my own) recipe after trying many that left me asking, "Where's the Conch"! This has a high conch to filler ratio.:yum:

Craig’s Conch Fritters

2 lbs conch, diced (I cut up in big chunks and use the food processor)
2 tubes Ritz crackers, crushed – I use about 1-1/2 tubes to start then add if necessary
¼ cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomatoes
¼ cup chopped parsley
½ cup chopped onion
½ tsp garlic paste (Lawry’s)
6 eggs, add 1 at a time
1 finely chopped pickled jalapeno (Old El Paso)

Mix together, form into 1-1/2" balls, and deep fry until golden brown.

I love conch fritters and ate them regularly in Key West. We also got Bollito's at the same place on White street.
Your recipe sounds very different than the traditional conch fritter batter mix.
Do you get your conch frozen or fresh?
We are reliant on frozen here. When I lived down there we could get it fresh at many stores. I have been using my fathers recipe for conch fritters when I can find conch.
Like I said, I love them! Thanks for a new recipe.

Last edited:
I love conch fritters and ate them regularly in Key West. We also got Bollito's at the same place on White street.
Your recipe sounds very different than the traditional conch fritter batter mix.
Do you get your conch frozen or fresh?
We are reliant on frozen here. When I lived down there we could get it fresh at many stores. I have been using my fathers recipe for conch fritters when I can find conch.
Like I said, I love them! Thanks for a new recipe.

Can't get fresh here either. The 10 year ban that was set back in '76, I believe, has never been lifted.:mad:

When you say 'favorite conch fritter recipe" does that mean you expect people to have more than one?

Last edited:
The question mark on the title is confusing, as if you're asking people for their favorite conch fritter recipe, rather than giving your own.

I would think most people would try several recipes for a dish, then settle on one they like best.

Back
Top Bottom