Favorite Steelhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I came home from work late one evening, and didn't feel like going through the process of properly coating, seasoning, and cooking fish. But I was hungry for fish. I hac\d some steelhead fillets in the freezer. I put 3 inches of oil in my flat-bottomed wok and started it heating. I took the fish and unwrapped it. Feeling lazy, wiithout doing anythng to the fish, I gently put it into the hot oil, still frozen. I let it deep fry for 10 minutes to ake sure it was cooked through. I then removed the fish to paper towels to drain off excess fat, and seasoned with salt and pepper.The result, to my surprize, was some of he best steelhead I've ever eaten. The sin was crisp and mild, with that bit of salt. It was like eating cracklings. The flessh had a very the surface crispness that sealed in the moisture underneath. again, the light seasning broght out the rich trout flavor. This fish preperation, imho, needed no sauce, or dressing as it tasted so very good. A quick serving of steak fries, and left-over cole slaw rounded out the meal.

Try this simple technique for your next trout, whitefish, salmon, or swordfish. If you love the pure, clean taste of fish. you will not be disappointing,

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom