First catch on my fly rod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Could put this under the fish topic z snhoyed smoke whitefish and lake trout with rice and steamed greed beans for supper tonight. I tried out my new Wavewalk W700 tonight on a local lake. With a worm and bobber, I caught 2 rainbow trout, both in excess of 1 inches, and a ten inch yellow perch. With the fly rod, using one of my hand-tied crayfish flies, I caut 2 bass. I also caught about 10 rock bass that were too small to keep. It was an almost perfect day. The only downside was win my son was putting the boat back on top of thee vehicle. Before he got a chance to tie it down, a putt of wind caught it and it slid sideways off the the roof, and onto me. 90 lbs. of boat knocked me to the ground. The only injury is a pulled groin muscle that is very painful, and makes it really hard to walk. But I am still walking. It will heal in time. I would repeat today again and again, sans the boat sliding from the rood and on top of me. It was a good day.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sounds like a good fish story to tell over a cold beer, or a glass of good whiskey. IMO, that's the whole purpose of fishing. ;)

The only fishing I have ever really enjoyed was offshore. As a teen, the neighbor across the street would take his son and me 50-100 miles out in the Gulf to fish red snapper. After three days of that, I would shower and sleep for 24 hours.

So, no matter what you actually caught to eat, you will have a memory -- a pulled groin -- to make that meal taste even better. :LOL:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom