Fish Coating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
Looking for a recipe for a coating for fish, I normall just use a bread coating but would like to try an easy beer batter if anyone has something like this. :chef:

L2C, I have one at home I can type in when I get off work. When I make this batter my chicken fingers or onion rings the batter comes out very good. I like to add a healthy dash of cajun seasoning for added flavor. I will post it later.

beer batters are pretty simple.

flour
baking soda
beer (a bit flatter is good)

mix it up and your good to go.

a simple reciepe search should yeild tons of results.

If you search fish n chips on there we had a great thread a while ago about it.

My most favoritest batter for frying fish is simple, 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of your favorite pancake batter (dry not prepared) and one egg. Add enough water to get the consistency of batter, dip and fry.

Deeeeeeelish. I do this with Basa and Tilapia and everyone loves it.

I found it;

2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs
12 ounces beer (room temp)

You would want to season your fish with a little s&p to taste with this before dipping.

L2C, I get better results if I leave the eggs out about an hour before mixing. Everthing seems to incorperate better.

Looking for a recipe for a coating for fish, I normall just use a bread coating but would like to try an easy beer batter if anyone has something like this. :chef:

Just on the note of 'breadcrumbs' .. have you tried the japanese breadcrumps 'panko' ? Although not specifically for this purpose but they are very nice ;)

No I have not tried them 'yet'. A while back I got a recipe that included them and had to "ask" what they were. I will be sure to pick them up after the holidays and try them out. So cool to always learn about a new recipe idea! thanks.

I use self rising flour and water S&P and I put a small amount of dried dill weed. mix well and let it stand for 1/2 hour before using then fry your heart out

Back
Top Bottom