Fish Tacos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Fish Tacos

Firm Fish cut into strips. (I used Mahi Mahi)

For the batter:
1 cup self rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/4 cup beer

All ingredients need to be very cold.

Beer and flour ratio will need to be adjusted depending upon your flour.

For the slaw

2 cups thin sliced cabbage
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 Tablespoon chopped jalapeno
3 Tablespoons Mexican cream
Mix and put in refrigerator 1 hour.

Dip fish in cold batter and fry in 350 F Oil until golden brown and crispy.

Fish Tacos by powerplantop, on Flickr

I just used the batter recipe for the fish and it was perfect! I've been looking for a good batter recipe for fish. Thanks for sharing :)

I think that needs to go on the menu soon. They look perfectly golden brown.

They are beautiful.

When we make them, we grill the fish. I really like fried fish, so I will try fried fish tacos next time.

Fish tacos are also great with a mango salsa. We tried them last winter and now they are on the regular rotation.

I see so many recipes for batter for a variety of foods. They call for beer. I don't have alcohol in my house. So I skip over that recipe. Any suggestions for something else? Like milk with a beaten egg maybe? It is what I usually use. But I am just wondering if there is something else. :angel:

Thank you. You too CC and PP. I get it now. I thought it was for the flavor. Not my favorite flavor of the month. Besides it smells. Eeeew! :angel:
Addy, I don't know why, but stuff cooked with beer doesn't taste of beer. I hate Guinness, but I had something, in an Irish Pub, that was made with Guinness and it was yummy.

Addy, I don't know why, but stuff cooked with beer doesn't taste of beer. I hate Guinness, but I had something, in an Irish Pub, that was made with Guinness and it was yummy.

I wouldn't know about the taste. I have never tasted beer. It is the smell. Beer stinks! :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom