"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
Certified/Certifiable

Fishy Farina

I've wondered for a while now if farina could be made thick, like polenta, and savory. Today, I decided to find out. Her's what I made, and it came out tasty..

Chnief's Fishy Farina

Ingredients:
2 paket (about 4 tbs.) unflavored instant farina
2 cans yellowfin tuna
1 1/3 cups water
1 tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce
2 tsp. chili powder
3 tbs. heavy cream
1 tbs. ghee (clarified butter)
1 tbs. fish sauce

Heat water to a low boil. Add all ingredients except the cream and farial..Stir together.

Slowly stir i the farina so as to avoid making any lumps. When the farina has thickened, remove from heat. Add the tuna and cream.

I didn't do it as I'm not supposed to eat a lot f cheese. However, after one bite I was sold o this preparation, but knew it would be even better with a couple slices of American cheese melted on top.

Give it a try, or make it with diced, cooked chicken, or turkey. It would make a pretty good side dish as well.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cream, farina, fish, ghee, ot suauce, recipe, tabasco, tuna

Fishy Farina I've wondered for a while now if farina could be made thick, like polenta, and savory. Today, I decided to find out. Her's what I made, and it came out tasty.. Chnief's Fishy Farina Ingredients: 2 paket (about 4 tbs.) unflavored instant farina 2 cans yellowfin tuna 1 1/3 cups water 1 tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce 2 tsp. chili powder 3 tbs. heavy cream 1 tbs. ghee (clarified butter) 1 tbs. fish sauce Heat water to a low boil. Add all ingredients except the cream and farial..Stir together. Slowly stir i the farina so as to avoid making any lumps. When the farina has thickened, remove from heat. Add the tuna and cream. I didn't do it as I'm not supposed to eat a lot f cheese. However, after one bite I was sold o this preparation, but knew it would be even better with a couple slices of American cheese melted on top. Give it a try, or make it with diced, cooked chicken, or turkey. It would make a pretty good side dish as well. Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews