Ginger Lime Tuna Steaks on Mixed Greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
This is really good.

Ingredients

For the tuna
2 tuna steaks
1/4 tsp ground ginger
About 1/2 tsp minced or crushed garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
Zest of one lime
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

For the greens
1/2 cup peach nectar
2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp hoisen sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha
2 tblsp vegetable or other mild flavored oil
1 tsp sesame oil
Baby spinach
Arugula
Baby bok choy leaf
Other greens as desired

Garnish
Fresh, frozen, or canned peach slices

Instructions

Start with the greens. Mix the first 8 ingredients together. Set aside.

Now mix all the indredients for the tuna except the steaks and sesame oil in a ziplock bag. Once mixed add the tuna steaks, seal the bag with minimal air inside. Move the marinade around to completely coat the tuna. Set aside.

Wash the greens really well and then toss in a large bowl with the dressing made earlier. Place in fridge to chill.

Once tuna has marinated for 30 minutes remove from the bag. Heat a frying pan to medium high and add a light flavored cooking oil to it, just enough to cover the bottom a little. Add the sesame oil (from the tuna ingredients) to the pan and swirl around to mix with the cooking oil. Sear each side of the tuna steaks in the fry pan and cook to desired doneness. It shouldn't take long, maybe 10 to 15 minutes tops.

Place a generous helping of greens on each of two plates. Place a tuna steak on each helping of greens. Garnish with peach slices.

Last edited:
This sounds wonderful and I want to try it but I am stuck on 2 ingredients PAG. i need an alternative to: Sriracha and Arugula. What can I use as a substitute please?

Back
Top Bottom