Grilled Tarragon Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookLikeJulia

Senior Cook
Tarragon is a very aromatic herb and is usually used in chicken, fish or egg dishes. It adds a wonderful flavor to cream sauces too.

Serves 2 Prep Time 6 minutes + 60 minutes marinating time Cooking Time 10 minutes

2 thick slices of fish (salmon, gindara, tuna, or tanigue)
1 teaspoon tarragon
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper
1 lemon, juiced
olive oil or butter

1 Marinate fish in thyme, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, pepper, and paprika for at least 60 minutes.
2 Place on a hot grill pan or nonstick pan brushed with olive oil or butter.
3 Cook for about 4 minutes then flip and cook the other side.
4 Serve with lemon wedges on the side.

I'm not sure how many people your recipe is intended to serve, because that is not mentioned in the recipe, but tarragon has a very potent flavor. Although it is one of my favorites, I would still recommend using a very light hand with it in all cases, so its flavor doesn't take over the dish at hand.

The terms "gindara" which is cod, and "tanigue" -- King Mackerel are not generally used in US. Do you often use the same preparation for a strong fish such as mackerel that you use for a gentler fish, like cod?

anything i have eaten with tarragon in it must have to much. makes me say i don't like. maybe too much was used. will try again.

I agree with you, Babe. but when used sparingly, tarragon is really great with fish or chicken. In fact, all herbs need to be used with a light hand. Any and all can be overpowering (including garlic) when too much is added to a dish.

Back
Top Bottom