Harry's Mussels & Chorizo with Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8)over here mussels are about the cheapest fish/seafood you can buy...£3 per kilo(less than £1.50/lb) & they have been described as the perfect food....almost pure protein,low fat,full of vits/minerals & bloody tasty as well!!
Thanks Harry. Wow, that sounds like a real bargain. That works out to ~CAD4.70/kg! I was looking at a bag of mussels last week and I think that $3.99 bag couldn't have weighed more than half a kilo, if that.

Thanks Harry. Wow, that sounds like a real bargain. That works out to ~CAD4.70/kg! I was looking at a bag of mussels last week and I think that $3.99 bag couldn't have weighed more than half a kilo, if that.
no probs tax.the great thing about our farmed mussels is that it's a massive industry here & the bulk of the crop is exported to mainland europe,spain & italy etc.i guess they make their money out of the exports so they can hold down their domestic prices...but,who cares,mussels are fab:yum:!!

Have you ever had the smoked mussels in tins...like John West for example?
have i cobber? i always have a tin in the cupboard(photo on guilty pleasures thread).fab on toast:yum:!i'm going to make dauphinoise with them next time instead of the mackerel...deeeelish aren't they!!

Back
Top Bottom