Harry's Smoked Mackerel Dauphinoise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another winner, H. Can't beat a combo of gruyere, heavy cream & potatoes. I may have to skip the mackerel, though, but like the rest of the recipe. I've been saving this Garlicky Potato & Mushroom Gratin for Thanksgiving (served w/ turkey), but may sub out the parsley w your bay leaf. I wanted to do a search on conversions to get a general idea (even though I cook much as you do - glug of this & pinch of that). Do you like mushrooms?

Garlicky potato & mushroom gratin recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Last edited:
Another winner, H. Can't beat a combo of gruyere, heavy cream & potatoes. I may have to skip the mackerel, though, but like the rest of the recipe. I've been saving this Garlicky Potato & Mushroom Gratin for Thanksgiving (served w/ turkey), but may sub out the parsley w your bay leaf. I wanted to do a search on conversions to get a general idea (even though I cook much as you do - glug of this & pinch of that). Do you like mushrooms?

Garlicky potato & mushroom gratin recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food
i know C.i do find it difficult when i'm posting recipes 'cos,as you say.i just look at something & think "that looks about right" or taste & add/adjust til it tastes right.
my oh my oh my that mushroom gratin is the business.....it is basically the mackerel dauphinoise with mushrooms instead of the fish.like you i think i would leave the bay out of the mushroom frying stage & add it to the spuds instead.not sure why they boil the spuds first other than to speed up the cooking time tho'?
that recipe is a gem c,thanks for that,i lurvvvve mushrooms:yum:!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom