I can't make salmon anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do baked salmon with onion and lemon slices on top. The time depends on the size and thickness of the fillet. I usually buy a bit under a pound, so it's 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. To make sure it's done I do the flake test.

The last time I cooked salmon I pulled it out too early. I just put it back in the oven and checked it every 3-5 minutes. It worked out just fine. :)

Tenting is when you loosely cover the food with some tin foil - keeping most of the heat in but still allowing for some venting of the steam.

OK, so I tried out my old method one more time. This time, however, I remembered to add my usual lemon pepper seasoning on which I forgot to do the last couple times I screwed up. Wasn't sure if it was going to make a difference, but I was willing to try anything. I also salted both the bottom and top of the salmon thinking it might improve the thoroughness of the salmon. Then I wrapped it up in tin foil which I assume would also improve the cooking process besides just preventing the juices from escaping, right?

I cooked it for 20 minutes and, finally, it came out to what I wanted it too. It's gotta be my oven then. I'll have to experiment one of these days and just throw a thermometer in there. Strangely, I've used the oven twice to make salmon when I first moved into this apartment and it came out fine within 10-12 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom