ISO more uses for tilapia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't imagine tilapia being that good on the grill -- not flavor-wise (isn't everything cooked over coals better?) but the filets I get are quite thin and delicate, I can't imagine them not falling apart unless you had a special basket or put them in foil first.

On the other hand, I have made fish tacos with them and they did quite well. yes, they do fall apart, but who cares? I usually saute a thin sliced onion, garlic clove in olive oil. Meanwhile slice the tilapia filets. Toss them in and saute quickly (stir-fry sort of method) with cumin and pepper of your choice. Watch it, they cook quickly. Finely shredded cabbage, and in addition to your favorite salsa a sour-cream type sauce (ranch works). Yumm.

My favorite is to bread them, then quickly saute in olive oill. Deglaze the pan with dry vermouth, a squeeze of lemon, and some capers.

How much do you like spicy fish? I have a good Sephardi fish recipe I can dig out for you later if you like it hot

I love this recipe. It's high in fat, but (IMO) worth it!
Tilapia In Foil
4 tilapia fillets
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 lemons, juice only
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch pepper

1 Combine all ingredients except fish in a bowl.
2 Lay out a piece of foil for each fillet. Coat both sides of fish with sauce. Fold up foil to make a leakproof packet
3 Cook at 450° for 15 - 20 minutes, until fish flakes apart

Back
Top Bottom