ISO Salmon Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'bug, that is almost the same exact recipe i have from an old drinkin buddy, a commercial airline pilot from alaska.
every summer when he flies into nyc, we meet at the pub and trade my organic, homegrown tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant for his net caught copper river salmon.

man am i getting a steal. what a maroon!

lol, there's a guy in an igloo in alaska enjoying tomatoes laughing his butt off about the trade for some dumb fish.

the sauce you've posted is both a marinade and a mop. i marinate the salmon in it for no more than an hour, then mop it on the fish as it grills.

Great ideas all! My DH *loves* salmon in any way, shape or form. He will be enjoying each of these recipes in the next few months!

Thanks again!

Alexa

One of the simplest ways to prepare salmon is to use a dry rub/seasoning and then just bake, broil or steam it.

McKormicks brand makes a really yummy "Montreal Steak Seasoning" blend... and although it is meant for steak, I have used it with great results on salmon. I basically just encrust one side of a salmon portion w/ the seasoning and then steam it in my steamer until it's done. http://www.mccormick.com/productdetail.cfm?id=6209

So yummy and so easy!

Last edited:
5 TBS Dijon mustard (French grain)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce

I have used this on salmon, scallops, pork medallions, and chicken thighs.

I like to put it on the "whatever I am cooking" and let it sit in the fridge for the day - the flavor permeates the food and is much better.

mudbug said:
you might like this too, kim:

From an Alaskan cookbook via my former neighbor who lived up there for awhile.

3 T soy sauce
2 T worcestershire sauce
2 T ketchup
1 T dry mustard (to taste)
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 C butter

hi Mudbug, do you marinate the salmon in this or.... throw it all in a pan and bake??:):)

Salmon

I have a salmon wrap recipe if you like.... more of an appetizer, but man I can munch down on these guys!

pdswife said:
hi Mudbug, do you marinate the salmon in this or.... throw it all in a pan and bake??:):)

Hi Trish, honestly I can't remember. It's been awhile since I've used this sauce, but I think I threw it all in the pan.

Personally, I think the best way to serve salmon is to squeeze lemon juice over a filet put on the BBQ grill for 10 min/inch. If it is a whole salmon I put lemon slices inside the salmon and grill. Or I put in the oven at 450* at 10 min per inch. It is so juicy and delicious it needs nothing else.

Andy M. said:
Here's another way to go.

Start with a large piece of HD aluminum foil - 1.5-2.0 feet long.

Place 3-4 scallions in the center of the foil. Add some minced ginger and garlic. Place a salmon filet on top. Top with a couple of spoonfuls of oyster sauce.

Bring the two opposing ends of the foil up and fold them together to make a tight seal. Tightly crimp one end.

Elevate the open end and pour in some white wine and soy sauce.

Tightly close the remaining opening and place the foil packet on a cookie sheet and bake @ 400F for 20 minutes.

This sounds yummy, Andy. I just purchased my first salmom filet, yesterday. So, this will be my first experience cooking salmon. Luckily, I have all the ingredients that you have suggested. Thanks!! :chef:

sattie said:
I have a salmon wrap recipe if you like.... more of an appetizer, but man I can munch down on these guys!

Sattie, would you mind to post your wrap recipe? It sounds really good !!

Thanks. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom