ISO sauce for seared sea scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I'm fixing seared scallops for supper tonight. We like them plain, but I was wondering if any of y'all had any ideas for a light sauce for them.
I'm planning baked potatoes and asparagus spears on the side, so if it's something that would go nicely with them to, that would be cool.

Last edited:
So as not to mask the flavor of the scallops, I just use butter, lemon, a bit of garlic, black pepper. A light touch of cream might be good too.

Amber, my husband agreed with you...less is more. We seasoned them with S&P, a dash of Tony Chacherie's, seared in a hot skillet with a bit of garlic, butter, olive oil, then squeezed lemon juice over the top. I had half of a sweet red pepper, which I sliced into thin 1" strips, and we cooked that along with the scallops. HB got the scallops perfectly cooked, and the sweet red peppers were a tasty addition. It was heavenly...the scallops melted in our mouths!
HB was afraid we weren't going to have enough meat, so he thawed 8 jumbo shrimp when he got home, seasoned them the same way, cooked in the same skillet after he removed the scallops.
We have a couple of scallops, 4 shrimp and about half a can of asparagus spears left...I think I'll use them in a nice chef's salad tonight. Since the seafood is coated in butter and olive oil, do you think I should heat them a bit, or maybe let them sit out until they are room temperature?
What kind of salad dressing would y'all recommend? Maybe just an Italian Vinaigrette?

I know this is not a sauce, but I serve them over a succotash of corn, lima beans, bacon and onion bonded together with sauce suboise (sue-be) which is onion, leek and shallots cooked down in duckfat then a couple of Tbls of milk and a bit of fresh thyme and rosemary added and pureed. The sauce is light and won’t overpower the scallops

Back
Top Bottom