ISO Snapper with Ponchartrain sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quizzie

Senior Cook
HELLO..:) . "IS ANYONE READY", To help me find the best recipe :ermm: for Red Snapper with a PONTCHARTRANE. SAUCE. (How is it spelled?:huh: ) I have searched everywhere:( . There are restraunts named
PAPPA"S . here in Houston that serve it . As well as other fine places. PPPLLLEEEAAASSSSEE help.

Well, Quizzie - if by "Pappa's" you mean Pappadeaux's - and by "Red Snapper with a Ponchartrain Sauce" you mean "Pappadeaux Snapper Ponchartrain" ... it took me longer to figure out which Houston area "Pappa's" you might be talking about than to find the Pappadeaux recipe.

There are several recipes - both for cooking the fish (baked, broiled, fried, blackened), and for the sauce. Easy Google search matches include Red Snapper Ponchartrain, spelling variant Red Snapper Pontchartrain, and for the sauce by itself there is Ponchartrain sauce and Pontchartrain sauce.

Hope you can find what you're looking for somewhere in these links.

(Excuse my confusion - I found listings for a Papa's Seafood, Pappa's Seafood, and Pappadeaux referred to as Pappa's)

Last edited:
Hate to jump in here, but in case she really did mean Pappas... in Houston...there really are Pappas Seafood restaurants, although they probably use the same recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom