ISO Tuna fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mom used to make this for us as children and I did it later on when I learned to cook. Open up a can of tuna fish and drain out the juice. put the tuna fish in a bowl. Chop up a tomatoe and some onion and add to the bowl. Throw in some salt and pepper. Next crack 3 or 4 eggs into the bowl and mix everything together. Heat some oil in a skillet and add the mixture and let cook till eggs set, constantly stirring so that eggs scramble. Once eggs are cooked serve and eat. I use it as a breakfast side dish, usually when I make pancakes and drizzle some syrup onto the tuna and eggs. Got a buddy of mine cooking it at his household too back in my high school days so I guess it must be pretty good.

Allen

Tuna and Avocado Stuffed Shells
Serving Size : 4

8 jumbo shells
8 ounce tuna fillet, cooked and broken into small chunks*
1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons walnut oil or cooking oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cantaloupe, cut into wedges

Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain; set aside.

Mix together tuna, avocado, oil, lemon juice, chives, and mustard. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the tuna salad mixture into each shell. Arrange 2 filled shells per serving with a cantaloupe wedge on each plate.

*Note: To cook tuna fillet, rub with cooking oil. Grill fish on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium to medium-hot coals 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until fish just flakes with a fork. Cover and refrigerate until cool enough to handle.

******​

Tuna Waldorf Salad
Serving Size : 6

2 Cans (6-oz.) Tuna, drained and chunked
2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/3 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
3 Apples, medium, cored, and cubed
1 cup Celery, chopped
1/3 cup Walnuts or pecans, chopped
1/4 cup Milk
To taste Sugar (optional)

Toss together apples and lemon juice. Add celery, raisins, walnuts, and tuna; toss gently. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, and cinnamon; blend well. For a sweeter dressing, add sugar. Pour dressing over apple-tuna mixture; toss gently to coat.

******​

Tuna Balls - Polpette di tonno​

1-3/4 cup tuna fish packed in olive oil
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 cup ground dry bread crumbs
salt to taste
oil​

Mix the ricotta, egg, parmesan and thyme. In a food processor blend the tuna until smooth. Drain the excess oil before blending. Mix the tuna into the ricotta mix with a pinch of salt.​

Prepare a plate with the dry bread crumbs. Gently roll the tuna into one inch balls and then roll them in the bread crumbs. Heat a nonstick frying pan with olive oil. Fry them on both sides taking care when you turn them as they are
very delicate.​

Place them a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil and let them cool a few minutes. Serve as an appy or with salad as a main course.​

Optional: chopped parsley, chopped almonds, chopped onions.​

******​

Tuna Salade Niçoise

Serving Size : 6​

5 new red potatoes (unpeeled), 1-1/2 lb (750 g)​
1 lb (500 g ) green beans, trimmed
5 plum tomatoes
Half small red onion
4 hard-cooked eggs
1-1/2 lb (750 g ) fresh tuna fillet (or about 3 can 6 1/2 tuna, drained)
2 tbsp (25 mL ) extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch each salt and pepper
1/3 cup (75 mL) Niçoise or other black olives

Dressing:​
1/4 cup (50 mL ) red wine vinegar
1 tbsp (15 mL ) Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp (10 mL ) anchovy paste
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
1/2 cup (125 mL ) extra-virgin olive oil

Dressing: Whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Set aside.

In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes just until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; let cool slightly. Cut into quarters.​

In same pan, cook green beans until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water; drain well. Cut each tomato into 6 wedges. Slice red onion. Peel off eggshells; cut eggs into quarters.​

Brush both sides of tuna with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until firm and pink outside yet still rare inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Arrange tuna on platter along with potatoes, beans, tomatoes, onion, eggs and olives; drizzle with dressing.

Tuna Stuffing Burgers
Serving Size : 4

2 cups Stuffing Mix for Chicken in a Canister
2 tsp. butter or margarine
3/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 can (6 oz.) solid white tuna, drained, flaked
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Prepare stuffing mix as directed on pkg.; set aside.

Melt butter in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 min. or until tender. Place in large bowl. Add prepared stuffing, tuna, cheese and pepper; mix well. Shape into 4 patties. Cook in skillet 3 to 4 min. on each side or until heated through. Serve in split hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato slices, or over torn mixed greens.​

Last edited:
i've added a little dab of mayo, lemon juice, black pepper, garlic powder, & onion. delicious with toasted bread.

Tuna casserole

can of tuna
1 can
cream of mushroom soup
frozen english peas
egg noodles
1/3 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese

cook the noodles for 8 mins with the peas,drain
combine rest of ingrdients
top with 1 cup of the cheese

bake in a 370 degree oven for 30-40 mins.

Back
Top Bottom