Lobster Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie,

This is a nice way to use the lobster's bath water! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The Landmark Lobster Bisque

1 ½ pound lobster
3 quarts of water
¼ cup dry sherry
1 cup heavy cream
¼ t nutmeg
¼ t white pepper

Plunge lobster into boiling water and cook for 25 minutes, remove lobster, save water. Strip lobster meat, chop and process with ½ cup of lobster cooking water in food processor or blender until smooth. Bring lobster water to a boil; add processed lobster, nutmeg, pepper, sherry. Reduce heat, taste, adjust seasonings for salt and pepper, add cream and leave on low heat for five minutes.

Notes:

This is nice if it can sit and mellow for a couple of hours, reheat just before serving, do not boil after the cream has been added.

The mixture may be thickened before adding the cream with flour, potato starch or slurry of cornstarch.

I like it with a small piece of ice cold butter floating in the cup when served.

Last edited:
All this talk of lobster has made me quite hungry.

I had a friend bring me a cooler full one year. In passing I told him if he ever came down, to please bring lobsters. He took me literally and babysitted a cooler full of Maine lobsters while driving here from Rhode Island.
He kept them alive for the complete trip and showed up at my house very late one night with his cooler.
He caught me off guard as I was not expecting him.
I had to boil the majority of them so they would not die on me. I ate enough to get tired.
But I am not tired of them anymore. Bring em on!!!!!!

Last edited:
Roll_Bones, you reminded me of driving home with lobsters. I was in Shippagan, NB (the North East tip of New Brunswick, Canada) and drove home to Montreal with a dozen lobsters in a cooler. It's a 10 hour/882 km drive. They were still lively enough to have lobster races in our very long hallway. The cats were amused and surprised. :LOL:

Roll_Bones, you reminded me of driving home with lobsters. I was in Shippagan, NB (the North East tip of New Brunswick, Canada) and drove home to Montreal with a dozen lobsters in a cooler. It's a 10 hour/882 km drive. They were still lively enough to have lobster races in our very long hallway. The cats were amused and surprised. :LOL:

Now that is FUNNY. Lobster races. I have had live ones, but they were not that much alive. A race would have taken all night!
Those were lively lobsters!!!

Back to the subject. It seems lobster salad is quite simple. I was so worried I would do it wrong?

Mayo and some celery? Some fresh made hot dog buns? It cannot get much easier. Now I need more lobsters brought from the north east for almost nothing.....:LOL:

They can be very lively.

My husband had come in from a trip. It was about two in the a.m. and I heard the front door open. I got up to see who it was. My husband was standing there and told me he had a treat for me. He goes back out to the outer hall and gets a big box. He took out one of those monster lobsters that folks dream about. It was HUGE! And it wasn't pegged. All eight rooms were off a long hall. He put the lobster down and it started to race down the hall towards me. I started to scream. It didn't stop and I ran out the back door still screaming. The neighbors called the cops. When they saw what the problem was they started to laugh. I failed to see the humor at the moment. When I finally clamed down, I realized I didn't have a pot big enough to put it in. And I didn't relish tearing off it claws while still alive. So we gave it to the cops to take back to the station and give the guys a feast. They happily took it away. :angel:

Last edited:
A dear old friend, now deceased, told me about how he and another friend went to a restaurant, and chose their lobsters out of the tank, "to go". They literally leashed their live lobsters, and walked them down the sidewalk.

A dear old friend, now deceased, told me about how he and another friend went to a restaurant, and chose their lobsters out of the tank, "to go". They literally leashed their live lobsters, and walked them down the sidewalk.

Folks have been known to do some silly things with a lobster. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom