Lobster Summer Roll with Mango Coulis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Lobster and Avocado Summer Roll with Mango Coulis

Yield: 12 rolls/24 pieces

Ingredients:

For the Summer Rolls:

8 oz. Avocado, sliced
1 lb. Lobster Tail, poached and cut into 1/4" medallions
3 oz. Mizuna or similar type peppery salad green
2 tsp. Fresh Mint, chopped
6 oz. Ocean Salad
4 oz. Hearts of Palm, cut into 1/4" julienne
2 oz. Enoki Mushroom
12 ea . Rice Paper
Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

For the Mango Coulis:

1 c. Fresh Ripe Mango, chopped
2 Tbsp. Mirin or Simple Syrup
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 c. Olive Oil
Kosher Salt to taste

Method:

For the Coulis:
In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except for the salt. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately or refrigerate. This can keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.

For the Summer Rolls:
Moisten Rice Paper until soft. Layer the mizuna, avocado, enoki mushroom, hearts of palm, lobster, and ocean salad on the rice paper. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with mint. Tightly roll each summer roll, and slice into two pieces on a bias.

Last edited:
This sounds delicious, IC! Love the combo of lobster, mango and avacado. Can you tell me please, what is Ocean Salad? Did a search, but came up blank. TIA

Edited to add: Do you think I could add a dipping sauce of some sort?

Mish, you may have seen it served at a Japanese restaurant or you've seen it in the cold foods section of an Asian market. You can also buy it dehyrdated.

Regarding a dipping sauce, you mean in place of the Coulis right? You can buy or make ponzu sauce, add a little Mae Ploy brand Sweet Thai Chili Sauce to it, and that goes well with the rolls too.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 129
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Thank you, IC. Great pics, too. I will see if I can find it in the market, or try a taste first at a Japanese restaurant. I must admit I'm a bit of a pill when it comes to some Japanese foods/restaurants. I'm the one who usually just orders the California Roll and Teriyaki. If I subbed with cole slaw, you would probably think I'm loony :LOL: But, I adore lobster and the combo with avacado, mango and mushrooms

thanks ic, that looks delicious. i love ocean salad, have had it many times but i never knew what it was called. thanks.

Last edited:
We have the "Ocean Salad" where I work, but we either call it "Seaweed Salad" or the package name, which I believe is "Akame Gama". It's strips of seaweed, lightly brined and tossed with oil, possibly a blend of oils, and sesame seeds.

Back
Top Bottom