Looking for some Flounder recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurtthecook

Assistant Cook
i bought a pound of flounder fillet. im looking for something exciting to cook with it. any ideas im open for someting outrageous

thanks for any help.

Have a great day !

-Kurt

My favourite way of cooking flounder and halibut

It's not "exciting" but very good. Since you've got fillets (the recipe is for steaks), you would cut the fillets into strips (across the fillet), and cook for slightly less time.

Instead of just using the cooking liquid as gravy, you can make brown sauce and use with the fish. I usually add some cream to the pan and let it thicken a bit before serving it with the fish.

Fried halibut/flounder

Why don't you do a stuffed flounder?

Make it spicy if you want by adding some bay seasoning or cayenne

Saute some vegetables of your choice (celery, onion, pepper, ect.)

Let cool and add your stuffing of choice (shrimp, crab, ect.)

Then add some bread crumbs and a beaten egg.

Now season with your choice of seasoning (salt, pepper, old bay, cayenne)

Take the flounder fillet. Put a ball of stuffing on it pull sides up and secure with toothpick.

Butter pan. If you want to get fancy you can even put a little white wine on the bottom. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil in needed to keep the fillet from burning.

Bake in oven. I would say 350 until cooked through

You could also try this recipe. It is from everyday italian, and was for sea bass, but I think it would be good with flounder also.

6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
4 (5-ounce) sea bass fillets
4 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
8 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 lime, quartered
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves

Cut 4 (12-inch-square pieces) of aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Working with 1 foil sheet at a time, place the foil sheets on the work surface. Place 1 1/2 cups of spinach in the center of each foil sheet. Top with a sea bass fillet. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of Marsala, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil over the fish and spinach. Gather the foil sheets over the fish. Fold in the foil edges and pinch tightly to seal. Place the foil packages on a heavy large baking sheet. Bake until the spinach wilts and the fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the packages to wide shallow bowls. Cool 5 minutes. Open package and fold down to reveal fish, being careful of hot steam. Squeeze the lime juice over the fish. Sprinkle the basil over and serve.

Back
Top Bottom