"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Looking japanese recipes with bonito

Hello everybody. Im a great fan of japanese food, and like to learn and try more about it. I live in a country where most of the fish commonly used in japanese cooking are not available or are imported, making them really expansive. But here, bonito its a very common and popular fish, with a really low price. For this reason i would like to explore more japanese traditional or everyday recipes using this fish.

AmineF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I suggest you look at Nami Chen's site.. Just One Cookbook..

https://www.justonecookbook.com/
And.... welcome to DC..

Ross
Old 07-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Hello! In Japanese, “bonito” is “katsuo”. Try a search using the Japanese word. Alternately google “Japanese bonito recipes.” One that really caught my eye was for katsuo tataki, seared bonito with soy based dipping sauce. Delish!

Here are the results of my search

Tags
bonito, japanese recipe, other, recipe, recipes

Looking japanese recipes with bonito Hello everybody. Im a great fan of japanese food, and like to learn and try more about it. I live in a country where most of the fish commonly used in japanese cooking are not available or are imported, making them really expansive. But here, bonito its a very common and popular fish, with a really low price. For this reason i would like to explore more japanese traditional or everyday recipes using this fish. 3 stars 1 reviews