Make ahead: Shooters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
I'm making 15 oyster shooters and will freeze them to take on my next fishing trip.
Made with Bloody Mary mix and hot sauce caviar.
39817-albums960-picture5470.jpg

I didn't think you could freeze alcohol. I am not a drinker, but I am assuming that shooters are oysters in some sort of alcohol. Am I wrong? Goes to show you how much I know about alcohol drinks. :angel:

I don't think S&P put alcohol in them, Addie. Shooters can be anything meant to be gulped down at once, though many are alcohol-based.

They sure do look good!

Last edited:
Do you add alcohol when you thaw them out? As you can see I am not familiar with this. Heard of it, but not much. :angel:

I have a feeling the alcohol is in the beer in the cooler, not in the oyster shooters.

they do look seductively tempting! texture is crucial when oysters are involved. won't freezing them affect that smooth, slippery 'feel' that is so unique to fresh oysters?

could we get a side view of those 'dope' shot glasses, s&p, or are they jiggers?

I haven't found them to loose texture or flavor, although they don't last very long in the freezer. I eat them within a few days.
Yes Dawn, the beer is in the cooler.
I also make them with alcohol at times, beer, vodka, sake etc.. Just not this time.

???????????

jharris,
I found them at Western Meat Block in Butte MT. They were $2.69 each. I bought 3 at the time which I thought wasn't a bad price, considering you get a shot glass and lid that can be reused. Most shot glasses cost about $2.00 anyway. When I went back to the store, they were out. I asked if they could order me a case of 24 and they did. I split the case with a friend. The case cost $59.50.
You can oder them online from Goose Point Oyster but the shipping cost more then the oysters!
39817-albums960-picture5471.jpg

Back
Top Bottom